Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
I am not going to motorize it yet. Seller Photos, lot of rust on the chrome. After polishing it up, she is taking shape (have a lot of S.A. items on the way, a.k.a. Schwinn Approved) and will add more photos as they arrive and I attach them. I am not certain what kind of motorization would be best (leaning towards an electric hub up front, unless somehow I can get a good motor up there - GEBE?). I have a vintage S.A. folding double rack coming for the rear (hoping the rear generator will not be in the way), as well as a deluxe touring bag for the captain's seat, and a larger bag for the stoker seat to hold tools and such, and a rear reflector - seems these things are known to get broken off via garage doors and such. Feel free to...
well i just got this all put togeather i took a few days to work out the kinks and raddles. i got this bike from my stepmother cause she did not use it much. the bike is about 15 years old and figured it would be a good fit for the motor, so i baught a boy go fast kit on ebay 80cc kit ''yes i know thay are not really 80cc''. but here it is hope you all like it ask me questions if you have any:D
I've been building this one for as long as I've been riding it. 8 mo. 3200+ miles Really is a good bike don't know what I'de have done several times with out it not several like over 700 trips back and forth to work. A few grade 8 x 20tpi rear and one 5/16 front motor mounts a magneto and CDI unit. but thats cheap.pff I'm a proud owner! HDPT
Man, you people here have some really awesome rides!!! Here is my no cost build - a friend had a bumble bee bolt-on bracket and I used my 1998 homelite 25cc weedwhacker. The 25 had low compression and wasn't enough uphill for me...So we changed the head/piston/ring to a 30cc. Runs great now, 25mph flat, 20 uphill, 35 downhill. My buddy even has a homelite installed in his canoe - straight shaft inboard tunnel hull modification. MB is more fun than should be allowed! Charlie
Well, at long last, I think I have all the parts mocked up- hopefully some things you may not have seen before are incuded. Here are pics of a few details- all designed to create the impression of a motorcycle from the teens. First, the non-functional leaf springs, front and rear- non-functional as springs at least. They are my fenders and due to their construction, are not susceptible to breaking like standard fenders are. Also, I fabbed a bracket for the tail light:
Ive Got A Old School Stingray 70cc Engine Kit , Kings Sales 27t Sprocket. And Possibly A Wheelie Bar On The Way. Attached Are Some Mock Up Pics Paint Progress Pics And Even One Has A Picture Of Oscar My Dog Who Will Have A Trailer Pulled By This Bad Beast. Does Anyone Have Any Ideas For A Different Gas Tank Looking For A Cylinder Tank To Mount To The Sissy Bars. I Followed A Thread That Bicycle-engines.com Had One But Couldnt Find It Please Let Me Know .
This is the final version of the bike I started over 6 months ago. Schwinn D7 Cycle Reversed stem 32cc GEBE two stroke Tanaka tuned pipe 50:1 mix & Nitro all white 26 x 2.125 tyres Debadged and re-decaled Performance - 35mph (flat road) Pics Attached. Jemma xx
I did a 10 mile tour of my city Beverly, Ma on the friction drive MadWagon. I was testing out a new friction drive- covered in JB Weld and Sand. And it worked quite well. Some more pics Pics of various places around town and last one is of teh Drive roller after 10 miles on ti today and 3 the other day- a total of 13 miles. I only filled in the divots on it, I'm planning on going back and covering the whole things now, it works so well! It's a 1 in BMX peg made of some alloy with divots in the center that allow you to put it on the bike. Those are filled now, and JB Weld and sand is a great thing
Hey all... The bike is a Schwinn Searcher 7 speed from K Mart for $149, and the engine is a 66cc I got from Ebay for $119 plus shipping. This is my second build of a MB, my first one was the pusher trailer, which technisally may or may not count for a MB. Anyways, I just did not like the look of the tear drop gas tank on the upper tube, so I added a rear rack and painted a 96 ounce lawnmower tank to kind of match the bike. Have about 25 miles or so on her now, she is still running a little rough, but hoping she clears up after the first full tank of fuel. Starting my next build on Tuesday when my BMP friction kit shows up, I have a 43cc knockoff engine for it I got from Ebay for $59 brand new. Let me know what you...
So after lurking here a bit and picking up some useful info I finished my first bike today. It's got an 80(70?)cc motor from Spooky. I ditched the back wheel and got a heavier duty wheel from a local shop, couldn't find black to match the front but you can't win them all. After some adjustments to the back sprocket to keep the chain from popping off I took it for a spin. I've got a minor leak from the carb so I'll do some more digging through the forums for fixes for that, but other than that 2 thumbs up. Thanks for all the great info, this bike's going to be a blast! -J
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/10903174/Beach_Cruiser_Bicycles/showimage.html? http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/200511083/Chopper_Bicycle_Electric_Bicycle/showimage.html? http://www.chopperdome.co.uk/yourrides.htm http://www.chopperdome.co.uk/cruisers.htm http://chopperationgo.co.uk/
Back