Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Here's some pictures of my motored bike project I'm working on. It's a 1952 Honda Cub-F bicycle engine. It's a 50cc 2-stroke engine that puts out 1/2 - 1 hp. I just got a few weeks ago, so I'm just getting started with it, here's how it looks now: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/smithenhiven/DSC00120.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/smithenhiven/DSC00121.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/smithenhiven/Honda%20Cub%20F/DSC00124.jpg Considering it's over 50 years old, it appears to be in pretty good condition (hopefully with a little tinkering, it will run); and overall it seems to be a complete kit, I'm only missing a few connecting tabs to mount the large rear sprocket to the bicycle wheel, but...
OK I have admired Augidog's stretch frame since I joined. I have been wanting a Surley Big Dummy for even longer. So now I will build one for me. Today I cut into a perfectly good Diamond Back Apex full double butted Cro Moly frame. datz510 was kind enough to let me buy this off him for what he paid on Saturday $30 on Craigs List. The parts mostly will be replaced, but the frame is solid with a ding or 2 , and now 4 pretty serious cuts. Oh yes I am waiting now on a GEBE kit with a Tanaka 40 that should power it nicely. I will try to show what I am doing as I do it. I hope to mount fairly low at say a 45 degree angle forward and make use of the space created between the wheel and the seat tube. The main piece to extend the...
Today's $200 Craigslist score. This is a Gary Fisher Aquila MTB. This will be the bike that I'll be installing Ghost0's jackshaft kit on. It is a 27 speed from the start, so this thing is going to have just a wicked range of gearing available. It'll be running a 48cc boygofast slanthead engine, which will be painted flat black with some orange tribal flames to match the rest of the bike. Ghost0s kit will also be color matched to the bike. I can't wait to start getting this bike together!!!! So, Ghost0, if you are reading this, lemme know when orders need to be in and I'd like to have one of the first ones out the door for this puppy. Here are the pics: Overview of the stance of the bike...
These are the last pics I took of my bike. At the time, the bike was indoors for the winter and I was redoing the front engine mount and test-fitting a "poopoo pipe". More recent pics will follow soon. I call it The Freight Train, of course! This beast can hold lots of stuff and is near unstoppable even hauling 48 beers in a headwind going uphill! Of course I have to pedal when I do that, but that's okay. :lol: More pics of bike in different stages are at: http://www.putfile.com/zenlaserman/images/78780
My 2007 Schwinn K.K.GT Dyno Roadster with a Robin/Subaru 33.5 cc 4 stroke friction drive! Love it, but it's gotta go! On July 4th I put together my Brand new Dyno Slick Daddy with a Honda GX 50 49 cc 4 stroke! The Roadster gets around 200 mpg & 30 mph But the GX 50 go's over 40 mph and is getting better than 200 mpg!!! That baby rides like a dream! It comes stock with a 24x3 rear w/ coaster brake & 3 speed nexus, and I installed a 26x3 w/tube on the front that comes stock with disk brake. I also put on this 8' Stretch of sunshine a front spare tube bag & a rear bag with tools,c02 kit & patch kit. I can ride as far as I wanna go with this *****!!! PS- I will sell the Roadster!:cool:
This is the complete Staton gear and chain two cycle engine drive kit with the NuVinci hub.It has the Bionx PL350 system on the front wheel.The lights are from Jet Lites Starfire Dual Beam W/ 5 Way Smart Switch.The bike frame is from Redline. It's a Monocog 26in large frame. It was a single speed bike.I have it on you tube if you want to check it out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryxt2X6ihL4
Sorry its a cell phone picture, but it looks decent. The back fender is missing due to all the mounts breaking. I have cut a new mounting bar for it, just waiting for the paint to dry. yep, the date is wrong onthis picture too. :) Soon to have the new jackshaft kit installed on it. I will be ordering it on saturday morning. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c360/brian88lx/briansbike.jpg
Here's a pic of my bike with the motor I put in last week. Only a few obstacles on the install such as, Front down tube was too big and I needed to drill a hole for the front engine mount. The supplied clutch cable keep stretching so I replaced it with one I had lying around which seemed to be heavier duty. The drive chain clears the rear tyre by about 5mm, so before fitting the rear guard I will have to trim the guard a fair bit. I still have more work to do such as, mount front and rear guards. In order to get the drive chain the right length I’ve had to loosen the pedal chain, I will be making and idle for the pedal chain, because I think the idler that comes with the drive chain is pretty poor, besides the pedals don’t turn much...
"Commando Commuter" Trek 3700 build I finally received my bicycle engine this weekend. It took two weeks to get here from Thunder Bay, Ontario. It's a Chris Hill engine kit. I just set the engine on the bike for a quick picture. I'm planning on painting the engine flat black to match the stealth look of the bike. I need to make a couple of brackets to mount it to the bike because my seat tube and down tube are too big to use the supplied brackets. I might also make my own fuel tank or use a MSR camping fuel bottle because the tank that came with it is too wide and I know I would hit my knees on it when I pedal. Anybody have experience using a fuel bottle for bicycle engine? I know I need to buy a MSR fuel pump for this bottle...
this was a bit of a pain in the butt to accomplish, but it works great. it was a fun project. its a little hard to handle on a rough road, however. i shaved the head and opened the ports a bit. side gapped and indexed the plug. put an 8mm wire on. polished the piston. found an ebay pocket bike exhaust, cut and rewelded it to fit. the carb and boost box is for a pocket bike. i made a manifold out of high density (polyethyline?). it was super easy. the seat mount is a modified bike rack, nothing special. i haven't tested the top speed since i switched out the float carb, but i did get it up to 42mph.
80cc HT Mounted on free bicycle built from assorted parts scavenged from the town dump/recycling center for free. Front wheel and fork from high end walmart bike somebody must have backed over in the driveway (the rest of the bike was a pretzel) Frame, unknown model Schwinn mountain bike (Nice light lugged frame with cool chainstay rear brakes)...guessing it's from late eighties since my thumb shifters came from it also. Biopace crankset from rusty old mongoose mountain bike. Handlebars and neck from faded old BMX bike. Rear wheel from father-in-laws rusty old huffy mountain bike that's been collecting dust for years. ....the seat $20 from Target. I even used my wife's leftover spray paint to finish it:D
Hey guys, have'nt been here lately, I've been everywhere else though! It's been hectic for a while! Anyway, I just completed my Slick Daddy and installed a Honda GX 50 on it! My fabricator was away for a bit, but when he got back, he did an excellent job on the motor mount!!! This baby go's over 40 MPH and definintly gets at least 200 or better MPG!!! Freaks me out!!!! The rear tire comes stock with a 24x3 and just fits in the friction drive kit. I installed a 26x3 front tire & tube & it really started turning awesome.With those fat tires & that fast engine,I felt like I was floating down the road on air!!!! The bike comes with rear coaster brakes & front disk, so braking is not a problem. Here's some pic's. The bags on the bike are...
Back