Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Hey guys here she is. My first attempt at a motored cruiser. Got teh bike for 150$ brand new {7 speed Schwinn 5 star} Ape hangers were 7$ Mx-5 cost me 50$ off of craigslist, and the rest is history. I couldn't get it to run consistent at all. I replaced the Plug, and plug boot. Cleaned the carb, and still nothing. Then I re-adjusted the needle valve in the carb for the fuel mixture. Bingo. She's purring like a kitten now. Perfect! Looking forward to lucky number 7. That one will be sick. I'm thinking of starting with a felt 1903.... those are tight. BUT, I gotta get through the next 5 bikes first hahaha! Cheers!
Built an Orange Moon Dog today Built this one today start to finish with very few problems. Rode it tonight and it was the easiest build and the one I have the most confidence in. Started with the first release of the clutch and ran like a top with no vibration, no flat bar, no drilling, both chain guards fit so I was very pleased. Love the bike and engine it's a SF48cc and will be for sale at a motorcycle rally day after tomorrow along with my other bikes. I want to do something different with the tank though and may just put a black one on tomorrow. A few touchups tomorrow and it will be ready to show. Notice I have a total of 4 MB's lined up in my house!
Got this bike going pretty well now. Mounted just the gear box to the frame. Not enough torque to ride a wheelie , but enough to spaz one. Manual up an incline is good. Both pedal & motor geared low so Spaztic will be good most 2 wheeler friendly places. . Top speed about 40 mph / 60 kms. Pretty quick - sounds like a dirt bike. It shifts like a dream. Love the NuVinci. Real mufflers coming soon.
Here are just the beginning pics of the build so far. I have the front disc mount welded on and soon the front engine mount. I fabbing the bracket for it tomorrow so hopefully soon it will be finnished. It's just a plain jane at the moment but I want to put Indian style fenders on it, deep and sweeping back. I'll keep you guys posted.:D
well here are the new bikes i am working on one is going out the door for a speed freak 1970 schwinn varsity hydralyic front end with 26 skinny with 27 skinny very fast then my back porch. i wonder what the aparment thinks the my new vikes i got from the dumpster a one year old jamis cross country bike 6061T aluminum light as a feather then the trek 820 fast was doing 28 human power constant on the bike in the streat alone then my pride and joy my old bike schwinn predator comp very very rare to have that was stolen from me like 7yrs ago back when i did bmx raceing well that killed me never raced again but its back and am so happy dont acre that it looks like **** but my parts are still on it i think im going to do...
this is my semi restored magna cruser. the engine started life out on a mountain bike i picked up from the scrap yard for $8(just for break in). my best friend gave me this bike as a spare bike. so i took it to work(ford dealer) and used the body shops stuff to sand blast the powder coating off. i did a rattle can paint job to it with a pretty ocean blue metal flake, looks much better in natual light. as i was installing the engine a coworker walked up to me and sayed "my brother in law has a boost bootle laying around, do ya want it?". i jumped on that like a cat on cat nip. i also added the controls off of my old honda express as the controls that came with the kit were rather cheapo and crappy, the honda ones also have turn signal...
This is my little "Buzz Bomb" 70cc. Shes been going strong for about a year now with little trouble mechanically so far, and nothing I couldn't fix quickly. Thank the gods of Loc-Tite!!! The first three photo's are from jujst after the shakedown cruise, which ended abruptly when a piece of glass punctured the rear tire, but otherwise went well. The last is a more recent pic showing some changes to the finished ride. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
Going to paint the tank and engine the same color as the frame, and polish the engine covers.:devilish: Got my Dax 70cc today. the sprocket rubber mount holes dont line up with the sprocket at all. seems as though they're for a different sprocket altogether.:o going to have to drill sprocket center-hole to 1 3/4" to clear the dust cap. we used to be able to grind the outer edge off, i know. but on this wheel, the hub housing itself is too large. not a big fan of the standard 'swept-back' beach-comber bars, so i nabbed these chrome drag bars. also shown is the workstand i made, and the tiny space i keep bikes/parts/tools in, now that the baby is crawling. lots of choking hazards.:yuck: my 'blue-hair' (miss megan) is grateful to get...
A Few Rack Mounts To Hit The Road. Thanks to the GEBE kit sale from member "larymor" my mountain bike made the switch to MB. My other mountain bike felt left out, so I decided to try out the Staton friction drive also. Im getting ready for the friction mount install. Ill have to swop out the rear tire to a smoother tread. Ive been reading tons in the rack mount section for a few months learning. Im going to have to gain experience before I can post or give any advise though. So far so good!
Well got my first motorized bike done. I built the frame, well most of it I used the front tube and the rear section from an old murray. It has the workmans wheels super heavy duty, has the front drum brake. The brakes are fantastic! the little engine starts and runs well. I may even intertain selling to start my next project. Asking $1,100.00 or best offer. Loads of fun to ride and real attention getter. Thanks for all the help and good information guys and gals! Dave Beck Elk City, Oklahoma
Here's a couple of pics of my happy time build. The details are as follows. Disk hub sprocket adaptor, Through frame throttle cable ( to make it fit). Apart from new gaskets and a cut down pipe mod all is stock. its great fun on a bmx track. Its a tight fit into the frame, i had to dent the top tube to get the spark plug to fit. to change the spark i have to loosen motor mounts and rotate it out to clear the frame. The other interference was the air cleaner so had to make a temporary one till i can get on to doing a better job of it. Then i will do a rear brake ( not that i'd use it, for other peoples sake really). I prefer less cables running around so theres no rush to do that though.
Well, here's what I ride, these are current pics of my 3,000 mile junker http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/alex1813/bikes044.jpg And my duct-tape pedals, and my zip-tie in the air filter to keep the engine from sucking up the sponge http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/alex1813/bikes045.jpg and my kill switch (sorry, bad focus but if you can't make it out it's a wire that I ground out to my top headset bolt) http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/alex1813/bikes046.jpg This is my low and slow bike with the thunder pipe that I honestly believe has saved me and my bike more than once. (loud pipes save lives) http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/alex1813/bikes047.jpg...
Back