Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
This time last year I was planning my gutting of my tadpole, to fit my fatbike with a BBS02. Ran the hell out of it last year. Wife wasn't doing so good. What a difference a year makes, she's healthy, and asking if her trike ready to go. Said I have to ride a trike to, thats our thing (pouty face). So, I pouted up a Bafang 48V500W rear hub and bought it. Its pretty peppy. It cruises up to 25mph pretty fast. Its more a greenway and park and country road cruiser, not a street runner. It won't be as versatile as the 7x3 hub on a middrive. It'll be easy. And a lot less chain wear, for a chain 3 chains long thats big. I think I'm gonna like the change. I forgot how nice it was to kick back and ride.
Here's my latest, built for my neighbor and finished today. It's based on an Electra Classic beach cruiser, which came to me with a bent-tubing springer fork and worn-out steering head bearings. Lots of detailing and machine work went into to making it a reliable runner. The rear sprocket was lathe-cut to fit and bolted directly to the flange of the 7-speed Shimano coaster hub. The idler pulley bracket from gasbike.net is really solid and highly recommended. The last tricky step was modifying a RST fork to fit the skinny head tube of this cheap frame. I cut the stock 1-1/8 tube off the fork, then turned a 1" steering tube to press-fit the ID of the remaining stub (inside the fork casting). For safety, I set up about .002"...
Here's my next personal bike... It's Dyno stretch limo with 24" wheels. This is just a pre-build pic; There's gonna be many changes made... I'm hoping to get it built in time for the next LA ride!! I wanna make a in-frame tank, but I really don't think that's gonna happen soon enough... I'm also hoping that the 40T sprocket I ordered from Jim will get here in time! It's also gonna get one of my front disc brakes!! :giggle:
Here's my AUSTRALIAN chopper with the screaming roo motor the only mod's i have had done is piston and barrel cut for the reed.The tank is custom made here in Australia by a friend, Custom clutch cover, actuator cover and engine mount's from pedal chopper,New powder coated rim new hub and spoke's on the rear, The CDI & coil is custom made by a friend, THE oz 4 petal reed is made by a friend here in Australia http://aly-tek.com.au/ and sold by me. The front forks i modified my self to accommodate the disk brake. Next to come I'll be doing a rear disk brake. All with the avid BB7 caliper's
Well had so much fun putting the shelby together, decided to start another one. Had found a whizzer project, and sold the engine, kept the bike. A 40's western flyer... There were way too many pieces missing to make it anywhere near running. So doing this one the opposite way, making the tank first, and **** no more fiberglass, i like instant results! So last night made some bucks... Gonna be a big tank, but want some capacity. TP
stage one stage 2 better tires brakes and mod FD to use SAE parts not metric had to turn spacer between motor and friction drive down in the lathe stage 3... make a new mounting system to allow use of a quick release rear wheel only a handdrill, dremel with cutting wheels and a hand file were used to make the slots... so much for me being a doofus
Just put it together Sunday night, and have been breaking it in slowly. It's a Gary Fisher Tassajara that I've had for 2 years. It's pretty quick so far with the Mitsubishi motor, and hopefully I'm breaking it in correctly. But... I don't feel like I'm getting the roller on the rear tire correctly though. Either that or my tires are really soft. Any suggestions on the roller setup or the break-in? Thanks.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=112522121&albumId=1123950 ther on myspace now the crashe pics http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=112522121&albumId=1625364 and the vids http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.myvideos
Back