Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
I find I never posted my brake project here,just the engine kit forum. I was getting too many warts on my butt with a rigid fork on my 6-1/2 HP Monarch so went to a Cerriani I used on a Hodaka in the 70's when my kid was 12 riding trials. It had a Hodaka drum brake and 19 X 2.75 tire. It wouldn't stop very well either. I had an 18 X 2.75 with a big disk. I bought a mechanical go-kart caliper and it turned out to be a winner. The rear was sorta poor with a Worksman foot-actuated coaster brake , so replaced it with a bike rim caliper with the foot peddle. The thing runs in the mid 50's and now I feel safe with the stopping ability. Note in the last picture I added a 20" bike fender to keep slop off the engine. The overlay bracket...
my first build, i was gonna go with a chain drive system but the pull start broke and then the clutch broke. so I was forced to friction drive it. runs really well do 40ish on the flats if your butt can handle the vibrations. I used a 20in bmx bike from wal mart 43 bucks. and 50 bucks for a used McCulloch Timber Bear 55cc chainsaw, still needs paint and a real tank, buts its only been done for about 3 days. http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/AnidoriKiladra/DSCF0647.jpg http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/AnidoriKiladra/DSCF0648.jpg http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/AnidoriKiladra/DSCF0649.jpg
Went for an early Harley look, 80cc, ported/polished, High Performance Carb, Ram air(via a Wild Turkey flask and tubing) increased compression, full lights and of course handlebar tassels. 42 mph on flat ground, hit 47 on a long hill once. Thanks to those who directed me towards the worn rings that had me baffled, runs super now.
Hi. I'm new here. I've built 2 so far and had a lot of fun doing it. The first one is a new Kent 26" Seachange frame. It has a wheel base of about 42.5 inches. The 2nd build is an old Huffy 26" cruiser that used to belong to United Airlines out of San Fransisco CA airport. They were all disposed of about 20 yrs ago, and a buddy of mine passed it on to me. It has a wheel base of about 45.5". They're both pretty much the stock kit.
Well after a long unplanned absence I finally have internet access again and thought I share picture of my second build. It started life as my son's Gary Fisher MTB and he had long since out gone it. So as any thrifty person would do I rebuilt it. The engine prep work included waterproofing the mag cover, pre lubing the piston rings, lubing the clutch gears with a dab of waterproof grease mixed with graphite powder, new NGK B6hs plug, and lubing the clutch release parts. Kenda Guardian Kelvar belted tires, tire liners and slime tubes for added protection. :DIts good to be home. P.S. once the chain stretched out I was able to remove enough links to run without a tensioner.
Hi, I recently started my 2nd motorized bike build. This one is another 2 stroke build, but this time with and engine from bikeberry (last one was from ebay). So far, I've changed out the 7 speed twist shifter with a thumb shifter, mounted my clutch and throttle controls, and test fit the engine. Now for the fun part, Installing the SBP jackshaft and all those chains. Here's some pics. I'll get better pics later.
I finally bought a bicycle engine after having a casual interest in getting one forever. I mounted it on a step through bike I had laying around, which presented some problems. Mainly gas tank position. So I welded a piece of pipe on the frame to mount the tank. I also welded the tank mounting brackets to the pipe, since the fit was kinda loose. I welded the engine mounting outer brackets too. I read that you may want to adjust the tensioner position later so I just tacked it in place. I just used the cheapest hazard fraught flux core welder. I dont have much practice welding, so my welds are pretty ugly. So I wanted my wife and toddler to be able to ride too, and since I dont have the budget to set up a second bike currently, so I...
Hey guys, These things r great!!! So much fun to ride.Half a day to build and you are off and running. Ok so I started with Walmart bikes and am hoping to generate enough profit from these to go high end by Christmas.Lynn at custommotoredbicycles.com does some killer stuff,has a great inventory and is very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you Lynn,you rock!Okay so here is my Del Rio built August 1st.I like it but it's not the one I wanna keep.Anyway I thought I'd share it with you all and of course give the folks at custommotoredbicycles.com the credit they deserve.
Hello, everyone. I've just been out road testing my second build. This one will be my bike. (First one was for my wife) It seems as though I've got it pretty well adjusted and it's even more comfortable for me than my wife's bike. That one is a bit small for me. It's an old Columbia ten-speed. My memory of these bike's is vague. I'm thinking that it was something that you'd buy at K-Mart or Montgomery-Wards in, say, 1972. At the same time I think I'm remembering a Columbia that was a bit on the upscale side. A 3-speed that was meant to compete with similar Raleighs, for instance. What do you think? Does that sound right? Anyway, here it is. I had to replace the fork with something newer so that I could get wide...
I have converted a Schwinn Protocol 1.0 full suspension mountain bike to an electric road bike with an ebikekits.com rear hub motor kit, a Ping 36V, 20amphour, LiFePo4 battery, and higher road gears. My next addition, this Spring, will be a B-5 disc brake on the rear. Top speed on the flat with no wind is 22MPH, and the max range is 35miles with no pedal assist and no hills.
Back