Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
just the usual build a walmart Schwinn($150) with a ht motor 80cc($140) just bought from engineonlineshop.com this my 2nd motor from them and it runs great! still will update soon as some cheap parts come in and see just how much u get outta the cheap parts u see on ebay.... my homie gunned it from his house with me tailing him in the car was going 25 and he was lil a head so pretty good far as i know...there was no wind and flat surface this is it for now not much will change its my 3rd build and has many miles on it well broken in but still fresh motor...see yall soon (update #1) already going full custom and got 1 hp gain....naw just a cheapy brake light on ebay ($7.95)... i wanted turn signals and brake lights mainly the horn...
Hey guys what's up. Been working on this for a lil while. 64cc makita chainsaw on a 20 inch mongoose bike. Geared for top end. Does about 40 mph. Love riding it. Turns heads where ever I go. If you want specs and have questions on how I built it message me. I also have a facebook page dedicated for all my projects. It's called Single Cylinder Customs. Find it on there. There's more pics and vids of the bike and my other projects on that page.
Hi! I have a few questions a bout my first build, the Kent LaJolla. So far, with my current setup I've had no problems but someone mentioned to me that where my chain tensioner was, was not a good idea. He said to move it to the bottom bar where stress will be taken off of the tensioner but I had a lot of trouble doing that and it didn't line up well. So I moved he tensioner to the top bar and bolted it to the frame so it won't move. Will I have any problems like this?You can kinda see it here, but its the best pic I've got... Any and all input will be appreciated! Thanks
So tonight it got my chains back on after a tensioner accident. It's been a journey to get here and it seems i may have to continue because im not in kansas right now and feel pretty lost. heres some photos of my chain bare naked lol the facts: the tensioner keeps wanting to bend into the spokes. the little white wheel is pretty chewed up from the first time i rode.... the upper holding blocks of the motor seem to have scratches from chain contact. Chain is dangerously near to the thickest part of the tire. the only improvements now that ive made is to bore the rear sprocket to fit snuggly not tight. the chain is 1.5 links shorter than before. now ive been thinking, before i get to turning the engine on, what...
I've been a v-belt drive kinda guy for awhile now, but then got into friction. Now I'm onto chain drive & wanted to assemble something quick and easy without spending any new money. I sheared a drum from its shaft on my Dax friction driver & while waiting for the replacement, decided to slap this thing together. -Its my old racing MTB (Litespeed Obed titanium frame) -Spread a cheap cromo fork 20mm's -Install a rear wheel into the fork (thread-on 34T freewheel) -Mount pocket bike 5:1 transmission (10T) -run std BMX chain 1/2" x 1/8" (410) It freewheels which none of my previous project have done. I think this will be better for the engine (no engine braking) & greatly improve clutch wear & clutch spring failures. I'm planning...
canadian version switchblade: here is an update on my bike build, yes this model is different from US version. finished the bike and went for a good ride this weekend and all good. 80cc motor stock pipe, open filter, changed to a three piece crank, ditched the 24 x 3 for a 26 x 1.95 for clearence issues and a drum front hub. front mounted tank and i ran some line through the frame tube. so far the carb works the way it is mounted. i am not a big chopper fan but this bike is too cool to pass up on adding to the collection.:cool: once you sit on the bike you will see what i mean and then to ride it is a different feel, so if you have are thinking about one go ahead. i am happy with mine. thanks to HELLBILLY for some help with...
Here she is! the Frankenstein build. This is the 2nd engine to mount on this frame. I got about 1000 hard miles out of the last build before i believe bearing issues took out clutch. I reused some parts off the first build such as the carb and rims, but otherwise everything has been replaced, even the circlips in the motor have been upgraded to the CW10. Chain is #41 and fits perfectly with zero rubbing, although close in places. I have nothing bad to say about these PK80 motors. I was on the original clutch at 1000 miles, and it did not even looked broken in yet!. same with bottom end. Top end was replaced 2 times due to failed factory circlips. Im in the process right now of breaking in this new motor. (30:1) It started right up...
My latest ride, see below. Used it today to get 2 propane tanks filled and a 25 lb. bag of chicken food. It uses a Dax 49cc Titan engine with a jackshaft. Can pedal, motor or both. Pretty darn fast when not loaded, and very capable of carrying a heavy load. They guys at the feed store liked it. I'll be bringing it and my motorized Raleigh 20 to the gathering in Longview on Labor Day weekend. http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/mblue/P1010001.jpg http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/mblue/P1010002.jpg http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/mblue/P1010003.jpg http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/mblue/P1010004.jpg http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/mblue/cargo.jpg Just finished a full writeup...
Hey everybody out there. Demon Speed back once again. Can anybody out there please tell me what type of carb this is Ahmed possibly how to connect the linkage? I'm having some troubles with it. It was over a year ago when i took it off. Things get moved and lost,forgotten, yadda,yadda,yadda. Anyway out would be mucho appreciated. Thank you to all
i just want to share what bike i build. this is my current setup (show in the picture locked on bike parking lot at my work) it has - CARBON FIBER MOUNTAIN BIKE FRAME with reinforced steel mountings (i designed it to hold the engine instead of mounting the engine to the frame) - disc brakes - modified jack shaft kit with frame reinforcements - 7 speed - customized enduro style EXTENDED fenders with fender frame ( i designed it to hold the rear fenders so that the fender will not move during riding) - centralized electrical ( headlights, taillights, BRAKE LIGHT, horn), im going to put some built in phone chargers to it soon i got time - ELECTRIC ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM - a fabricated stand which i designed for it to have a enduro style...
here's a bike i built a few years ago i started with a schwinn stingray chopper bike and an old honda 110 3 wheeler and turned it into a cool little pit bike.The pics don't show it but the red and blue paint is retro metalflake.I made the tank out of fiberglass and made the forks longer using chromemoly tubing.it will do about 40 to 45 mph and does some nice wheelies easily!!!!
66cc Flying Horse on Cranbrook. Ported piston, widened and port matched exhaust and intake, shaved head for compression, SBP exhaust, HD lighting CDI, 41 tooth sprocket, 40:1 mix....Top speed 36.5 mph, no tuck, 175 lbs load. Climbs hills like a bat outta hell!
Hello All - Newest project on my Skyhawk frame and 4 stroke engine = Cannon Shell exhaust. I found a place to purchase old Bofor's Cannon shells online and realized it would make a perfect baffle exhaust for my bike. A little bit of welding, grinding and steel wool and this project is almost done. I'll post the progress so far and hope to post final pics in the next few days. Any questions, don't hesitate to post. I think the cannon shell exhaust will add to my vintage/new tech bike. What do you think?
I'm new to motor bikes and this is my first build. I started with a trek frame, antelope 820. I wrapped the frame with camo hockey tape, not a perm thig but I'll see how long it lasts. I upgraded the v brakes to cantilever. Got a cruiser seat. Ditched the front derailer, moved the rear derailer to the left handle bar and then installed the kit! Everything went pretty good and so far I have run about a tank through it, still in the break in.. At the moment I am currently compiling all the components needed to make it street legal here in California. If all goes well I'll be on the street in a couple weeks!
here is a 29er i built to ride this summer. it has a dax cag engine-the 4.2 hp one, and a left-side freewheel. it has a bmx chain for engine drive. the engine mount is made from an old seat post rack with a piece of steel plate welded on. at the end is a short section of 3/8 threaded rod for the side supports to attach. i got the gas tank off ebay, it's a take-off from a honda gx engine. there are no holes drilled into the bike for this setup, the side brackets are attached with vinyl covered ubolts i bought at lowe's
Back