Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Well, after thinking about it on and off for a couple years, my dad and I saw a pretty slick looking two-stroke motorbike for sale at the prepper's convention in Prescott, AZ a couple months ago. Said I, "That's pretty neat, but if I were going to make one..." A little more than a month after that, I had finished this. Schwinn seven speed beach cruiser with a 49cc 4-stroke from bicycle-engines.com and a Sick Bike Parts shift kit. Seen in one of the pictures without the muffler, which got bent and installed later that day. She runs beautifully, but needs new brake pads (the stock ones on the bike were old and hard, and therefore crummy and very loud,) a new chain, and different gearing, methinks maybe the rear cassette from Sick Bike...
Other than the 32 spoke rear wheel this build went together very easy. Parts and prices after shipping or sales tax. 2012 Diamondback Outlook 21-speed bicycle. $298. 2012 Grubee Skyhawk GT-2B 48cc 2-stroke engine. $149 (had a coupon). SBP supplied front mount, dual pull brake lever and Iridium plug. $35. BMX foam grips, 16g double insulated ignition wire and CDI cap. $8. TOTAL $490. *$450 if you count the new parts I remove and the bike shop buys back. I do like the SBP front mount, and the way the engine sits I didn't even have to take that 2012 EPA muffler heat shield off. You may have noticed there is no front derailleur in the motorized pics, that is because I remove them on every build. Why? One less control on the...
Hey guys, I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum, if it weren't for you guys I would've never known where to start. You guys are superbly knowledgeable, and one of the most helpful clubs I've ever seen. I'm riding a stock 2006 Ibex Trophy Comp Hardtail (except for the Sun XC rims, upgraded front disk, and the Avid SD7 V Brakes in the rear). http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/2006/TR-COMP-Specs.html I decided to go with a Dimension Edge Friction Drive, a TLE 43 w/centri-clutch (and a 12v starter/generator, just dropped the bike off at the mechanic's today). Since I'm a mega-white-super-dork, I went ahead and put a 12v quad battery and CB radio on it, and dubbed it the Time Pig. I haven't tried it out in the mud or rain yet...
My typical 66cc direct drive build like this would not usually warrant a post up here but I wanted to make a point about Ape Hanger handlebars... I've built 3 or 4 bikes with Ape Hangers and I can't stand them but for some reason these were actually comfortable to ride with and I think I know why, they are wide enough and not too tall. I don't know the make or model of the bars are, the customer bought the bike and had those handlebars put on at the bike around the corner but I can find out if anyone wants. Everything like the clutch and 7-speed shifter as well as the dual pull V brake lever and throttle fit on pretty well. Just enough room as it were. Expect a lot of cable work to make it look at least acceptable but the foam...
Hey guys, Well this is my mountain bike I'm currently building. Its a black frame now solid forks did have lose shocks, took the derailer off now single speed crank, choper bars, old school spring seat (lowerd), back rack and guards. Now for the engine, Its a 49cc (unknown make), champion spark plug, 8mm Hi temp lead (getting ngk plug and lead next week), and 3L fuel tank. Also getting sbp chamber next week will post more pics when on enjoy =)
This is the final pics for my replica of the 1915 Smith MotorWheel. I hope you enjoyed this little experiment. The long, messy story of the build is under: http://motoredbikes.com/threads/revisiting-a-100-year-old-design.46490/ For more of the MotorWheel story, google Smith Motor Wheel and also Briggs & Stratton history. Briggs bought the rights in 1919 and continued production until 1924. These photos will simplify the rest of the story. - The first photo shows the finished MotorWheel mounted on the bike. - Second photo is the close up of my lettering/decal on the geardrive/sprocket package cover. - Third photo shows the bike in "non-motored" configuration. - Fourth photo shows the two threaded studs and all tools needed to...
Trying to deal with the heads of the bolts on the sprocket. The coaster brake arm keeps getting in the way. When I tried to disengage the brake, bupkis. When I tried to put everything back together...well, I should have paid attention when taking it apart. anybody out there have a manual for the TREK Drift 2007,2008?? All I need is a pic of the exploded coaster brake...but lots of digging has turned up nothing. Even TREK is taking a while. Thanks.
I am changing the Trikester to a B&S engine 127cc, 3.5 HP per Ca. DMV, and 3 wheels means a class C license. I added the light assembly, rear disc, from a Chinese Quad (swap meet), hope to have it finished this month. Trikester2 by TomyJ posted Sep 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM Trikester by TomyJ posted Sep 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM
im a lil expierenced with this motors but i just bought an axel kit and dont know much about that so if anybody has a pic of it please send me =] o almost forgot http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=48cc+motorized+bike&search_type=&aq=0&oq=48C
Here is my first completed build (lacking chain guard and speedometer). Had a few bumps to overcome when getting it started, but running ok now. I'm assuming that it will smooth out a bit more once I cut the oil fraction back. I started with a vintage road bike. I built a rear wheel on a grubee HD hub. 700x28 tires and the cruiser sprung seat help the ride.
I've seen some awesome builds on here. I thought I might share the one I've been working on for the past year. It's a custom BMX designed around a chrome Haro frame I got from a friend. Things started out modest. I got a BMX with a busted crank, and a few good parts on it and started playing around with a few things. I got a nice 'lil roller going. Then I started waking up and having the sweats and jitters. I wasn't eating. I stopped sleeping all together.....I became a chrome-a-holic. Aside from the current wheels and sweet rare aluminum headset, most of the parts are chrome. It just looks freakin' sweet. Then I got a Bumble Bee Bolt-on engine for it. Epic sweetness. People see me riding this thing in the summer and look at me like my...
Ok fellas,Demon back again with updates and more questions... I know,I know,more dam questions. Can't this Kidd give it a break? Short answer... Hell no i can't. So,let me give y'all the up dates first. I have the bike like 98% complete. The front cog has been switched out,no problem there. Just need to finish moding the teardrop tank and re bending the exhaust pipe to diy alongside the bike like i want it. Has that's all i have left to do on it. I would have taken it for a ride yesterday except for the fact that the effin thing won't start. So here is what i do know, 1 I'm getting spark. And 2 it started for a couple of seconds but as soon as the starting fluid ran out,it died and it would not start again nip matter how much either i...
So My neighbor told me he found a bike and motor in a tweeker made box on wheels in a storage shed he bid on....I had to take a look at it. $60 later I have a new build! It was exactly how he described it... A Phat cruiser in pieces with motor on frame all tucked into a wooden box on wheels. The motor is all rusted, but turns. All the hardware has been replaced, I think it's a 66cc but how do you tell from a 49? (never seen a 49cc) The front forks and wheel have a disc brake, paint is nice, and all the pieces are there! The rear wheel with sprocket looks new, but the 44 tooth sprocket was bent and lopsided. I used the rim on my bike today; melted my rear hub this morning, and I'm planning to build this new bike for my girlfriend using...
I really went all out on this one. Initially I thought I'd do a 1903 HD tribute (black with white tires), but as the build went on, it sort of took on a mind of its own. The final result is comprised of Harley, Huffy, Whizzer, and even Puch components. Although the indian head auxiliary light is not really made by Indian, it still is a nice vintage piece from the 60's or 70's...
Hey all... The bike is a Schwinn Searcher 7 speed from K Mart for $149, and the engine is a 66cc I got from Ebay for $119 plus shipping. This is my second build of a MB, my first one was the pusher trailer, which technisally may or may not count for a MB. Anyways, I just did not like the look of the tear drop gas tank on the upper tube, so I added a rear rack and painted a 96 ounce lawnmower tank to kind of match the bike. Have about 25 miles or so on her now, she is still running a little rough, but hoping she clears up after the first full tank of fuel. Starting my next build on Tuesday when my BMP friction kit shows up, I have a 43cc knockoff engine for it I got from Ebay for $59 brand new. Let me know what you...
Back