Motorized bicycles must be registered in Arizona to ride them on the roads. They fall under either the moped or motor-driven cycle classification as specified below.
In Arizona mopeds are defined as:
A motor-driven cycle must also be registered. It is defined as a motorcycle that:
- Having pedals to propel the vehicle and a motor up to 50 cc.
- No more than 1.5 hp.
- 25 MPH maximum speed.
Motorized Bicycle riders also need insurance for:
- Travels at more than 20 MPH.
- Has up to 3 wheels.
- Has no more than 5 HP.
- Bodily injury liability $15,000(one person).
- Bodily injury liability $30,000(two or more people).
- Property damage liability $10,000.