A motorized bicycle is classified as a moped in Wisconsin. A moped is defined as a vehicle with:
- Bike-style pedals.
- Engine of 130cc or less.
You must have a valid drivers license to ride a motorized bicycle in Wisconsin. You can also get a special moped license if needed.
A motorized bicycle must be register and titled to ride it on public roads in Wisconsin.
Other Motorized Bicycle Laws
- You are not allowed to drive on freeways or sidewalks.
- You can take up a traffic lane as long as you don't block traffic.
- You can't take passengers.
- A helmet is not required.
- Lights are not required in the daytime.