CVT CVT's and Comet drivelines

Hi Steve, Thanks For The Kind Words, It Helps To Keep A Person Chugging Along. The Large Sprocket Is Bolted To A Freewheel Adapter With 4 Holes (bolts). The Bb Sleeve Couples The Two Freewheels. The First Freewheel Is Screwed Onto A Regular Wheel ( With The Cassette Removed) I Put The Spacer On The Hub First To Keep The Freewheel From Screwing On To Far And Not Leaving Enough Threads For The Bb Sleeve. I Need To Get Out In The Shop This Morning Before It Get To Hot. Later Ron. Yes You Could Use A Freewheel Sprocket And Bolt A Larger Sprocket To It. You Will Need A 2 1/8" Center Hole In The Large Sprocket.

When I Spun The Bmx 1/8" Thick Sprocket In The Drill Press, A File Would Not Even Scratch The Finish, Hard, Hard. The Wonderful Little Dremel Tool Did The Job = Thin The Teeth For The 3/16" Bicycle Chain. Ron PS THEY DO SELL 3/16" TEETH FREEWHEELS.

Last edited:
When I've had to turn down sprockets, I bolted them onto a bench grinder in place of one of the stones, and used an angle grinder. It worked well.

TREEWK,

i'd love to see a pic from the spoke side and the individual pieces laid out in line if you have it out of the frame and taken apart.

i think i realize how it goes together but i'm a visual learner. LOL

steve

Steve, Put 1/16" Shim Spacer On The Wheel Hub First ( To Keep The Freewhell Sprocket Adapter From Screwing On Too Far) Then Screw The Freewheel Adapter With The Motor Sprocket Allready Bolted On. Then Screw The Bb Rh Thread Sleeve Into The Sprocket Adapter ( Hollow Side In). Now The 1/8" Shim Washer (to Keep The Derailer From Rubbing On The Large Sprocket) And Last The 3/16" Wide Teeth Free Wheel Sprocket For The Pedals. The Parts In The Pic Are Laid Out From Left To Rite. For The 1/8" Shim Washer I Am Showing The Shim And The Threaded Lock That Came With Bb Kit, It Could Be Substituted And You Would Not Have To Buy 10 Pack Of 1/8" Shims. Ron

Attachments

• 100_1029.JPG
    100_1029.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 969
  • 100_1024.JPG
    100_1024.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 942
  • 100_1025.JPG
    100_1025.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,521
  • 100_1026.JPG
    100_1026.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
Hi Alaskavan, Here Is A Pic Of The Parts I Had And Used In The Drill Press. Left To Right. 3/8 " Bolt And Washers, 3/8" Id X 7/8" Od Sealed Ball Bearing That Fits Into The Staton Freewheel Adapter With The 7/8" Id Hole. Then Spacers And Lock Nuts. And Screw On The Sprocket. It Worked Great For Me With The Dremel Grinder, Ron

Attachments

• 100_1031.JPG
    100_1031.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 630
TREEWK,

i see it now, thanks.

even though you mentioned the Staton adapter i was just NOT connecting with it. also i see that you are using the chinese 4 bolt freewheel for the 8mm sprocket which makes total sense and explains the bolt mounting.

it's all very neat and clean, exceptional design and execution.

thanks,
steve

Steve, The 8m Sprockets Come On Most Of The Transmissions, Gear Box`s Etc. I Might Have Preferred 1/2" Bmx Chain, But The Tranny Sprockets Are Hard To Come By In 1/2" Size. Also The 8mm Stuff Is Cheap And Easy To Come By. And It All Falls Together So Nice. As Most Say, This Is Addicting!! I Am An Ebay Junkie, And It Follows, A Craigs List Addict. I Must Have Enough Stuff Here To Assemble Over 40 Complete Motorbicycles!! I Got A Super Deal On Ebay A Yr Ago For 10 Happy Time Kits. Bought Number 36 Sbp Shifter Kit. I Think They Are Over 300 Now. Have Not Got 1 Ht Together Yet. But Been Working On Building Lately. I Always Go Overboard On Hobbies! Hopefully Completed Units Will Sell. I Blame The Mab Forums For My Addiction! Lol. Sorry For Ranting. Its Hot Outside Today, Cool By The Pc !! A Nabor Helped Me Build My First Motorbicycle 58 Yrs Ago. (he Furnished The Brains And Most Of The Labor = My Kind Of Helper). Thanks For Good Words. Ron

Steve, I Should Add, The Staton Adapter Was One Of My First Efforts To Have A Less Expensive Freewheel Connector. You Have To Grind The Lip Off And I Don`t Think There Is Enough Threads. So I Wasted 50 Bucks On That Idea. 3 Of Them With The 7/8" Id. One With 5/8" Id For A Freewheel On My 3 Wheel Trike Or The 4 Wheel "joy Rider". They Are Neat And Reasonably Priced For Their Intended Use. I Bought The Joy Rider For $15. At A Good Will Store, In Nice Cond. I Checked Their Website = Over $1500. More Ranting, I Need A Doctor!! Ron

Last edited:
Back