BMP saved

P.S. You'll need longer support struts or you'll have to cut back one side of the channel.

Or simpler still get a shaft that extends past the outside of the channel
& put a pulley on it.

Well. we know who's pocket your in. No, there's nothing wrong with the GEBE kit, but anything I can make instead of paying retail is a plus when on a fixed income. Furthermore, I know full well I can make a belt drive bike kit spending a heck of a lot less than $350 and an aluminum drive ring will outlast a plastic one. Some of us just don't have that kinda money to throw around which is why we're on MBs instead of Goldwings. You're just hacked off cuz I told everybody how to do it themselves.[/I][/I]

A good piece of advice is........when you're in a hole............stop digging.

I'm in no man's pocket and you have no idea what I'm about. You know you were wrong and when confronted with it and your reaction is to hurl more insults, now at me. Just like you did with GEBE, calling them greedy gougers just because you can't afford it. That's called sour grapes. I can't afford a Mercedes Benz but I don't bad mouth them for it. And we're talking $350 dollars here not $27,000 that a Honda Goldwing sells for so the attempt to equate the two is wildly exaggerated and preposterous. That's called a false premise.

Want to DIY a belt drive, by all means start a thread and have at it. I've always supported the little guy just like I support the two kids who make GEBE. You don't need to be mean spirited or anonymously insult people who aren't around to defend themselves. You just need to do it, quite grousing about it or theorizing you can. So lets see it???????

And BTW you wouldn't be the first. Maybe you should do a little more reading and search. There are hundreds of threads I've seen here over the years where people have innovated there own systems. That's the roots and soul and of the whole MAB thing. Look up the many recent posts of member 'Lowracer' for one, he's made a number of belt driven MABS that drive off a rim, and I have not seen where he insulted anyone getting it done.

Last edited:
You are spot on Happy Valley.

Manufacturing and selling motorized bicycle kits today is somewhere between a labor of love and a niche industry - at best.

Regarding products coming from China:
The best of the Chinese companies are VERY CAPABLE of manufacturing state-of -the-art products, and in every type of technology.
Yet most of the motorized bicycle kits coming from China are crude, cheap and unreliable copies of ancient Russian designs.
IF there was indeed a significant market for quality motorized bicycles, I believe that the Chinese manufacturers (with or without Western marketing) would be quick to produce products to meet that demand.

Quite right. People say the same thing about Staton all the time too, luckily he pays the grousers no mind and just keeps trying to make a decent product to his own specs and make a living. I'll give a tip o' the cap to anyone trying to manufacture anything in the US today.

And that we won't see any 'quality motorized bicycles' coming out of China is a given in a niche market that already clearly leans predominately toward the low end, imported box store bikes to begin with that I would be hesitant to ride pedaling not less clamping a engine to. There was a thread some time back on 'why bike shops don't like us' and one memorable reply was from a guy who worked at a LBS as a mechanic, I'll look for it.

Here it is: http://motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=324163&postcount=125

Last edited:
HappyValley,
Thanks for the props.
For me, part of the fun & challenge of our hobby is engineering & building something 'DIY' that actually moves you.
Even better when that creation works well & turns out to be a great setup.
-Lowracer-

Hap,
I'll tip my hat to any American business that can float in a sea of foreign
knock-offs, but people only buy what they can afford. To survive you have
to be competitive. Some of us have come to the conclusion that the only
way we'll have what we want is to make it ourselves. That's what Yankee
ingenuity is all about.
I'm sure Dennis and Julia are nice people. Maybe the people who owned
Blockbuster Video were nice, but time waits for no one. If you can't keep the
the pace, you're gonna get left behind.
Dave Staton thinks I can solve my problem by buying one of his $500
chain kits. If I could spare that kinda money I' buy a good used motor bike
off of craigslist. I have hands that have served well making not only that
which i need, but also a myriad of things needed by others. All I've got to show
for was a piddly social security check and an underwater mortgage.
You know what, I could care less, I'm happy cuz I am content with what
I have, and should I want something more, I can make it with these hands.

Remember to wear protective clothing before whacking a hornets'
nest with a stick.

"Honda Engines Group, Alpharetta, GA 30005-2519 does not WANT any Honda engines used or sold on two wheel bikes, bicycles, three wheel trikes or quads" WANT, I wonder what that means? Once you buy a product, it is up to you what you do with it, the manufacturer has no say so whatsoever in the matter. But, if Honda is going to be that way, I don't really think I want to give them my money, I can always go with the Robin-Subaru EHO35.

They'd obviously rather you bought one of their bikes. looks like I may have to look
for a soob too.

Back