Magneto update

Status
Not open for further replies.
you change the initial advance/retard point by filing the mounting holes. simple.

you change the degree of advance by filing the stator arms at an angle or notching them. simple.

hammers out YOUR conrod bearings.... mine seem to hold up fine at 7000rpm + with standard CDI unit...

at least someone has the capital to invest in some new tooling.maybe some engineer in china just realised that google has a translate function and has started reading?

i dislike the inability to be retrofitted, or maybe they can be?

yes, assuming makes an ass out of you and me...so who will be first out with the timing light and a permanent marker? the answer to how the curve progresses will become apparent in the first five seconds...but then, cant rev it past 5000 rpm now, can we? it might explode... better be careful and put a rev limiter on it, just in case.

more to the point...give us a picture up the exhaust port at BDC.... until that issue is fixed, all "70cc" engines are :poop:

the chinese make the timing curve to match the engine. In this case a low peak RPM engine with low compression and poor fuel atomization.
If you improve the compression, increase the RPM by porting, or put a good carburetor on then that calls for more spark retard at high RPM like what my CDI provides. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's any easy way for me to make my CDI work with it on a mass produced basis. If I owned one I would gut the electronics, leave only the stator coil, and connect it to my CDI which then connects to a high voltage coil. But gutting things encased in epoxy is very hard and often results in a damaged stator coil.

On a side note... Is the wire removable from the cdi housing or is it permanent? I just bought an engine with this setup and I'm hoping I can replace the wire. Its a dragon fire flying horse motor in black.

Specs on it say 500 to 8500 rpm. trying to get one to put on my bike if it's better??

Fabian I'd like you to do a test with it to give us an idea of how much voltage it can send to the spark plug.
Test for spark outside the engine with the plug grounded to the engine.
Keep increasing the spark gap till it will no longer spark the gap.
then tell me what was the maximum gap it sparked and I will use a formula to figure out what voltage that translates to.

or get an electric fence tester and save your coil insulation ;)

where is fabio?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That's a nice looking mag looks so modern glad an inventor address it. How much more i$ it?
Does it perform bitter?

My engine supplier has just got his hands on a 66cc sample engine for me to test; using the new magneto design.
If i find that it's reliable and operates with similar efficiency as the current magneto/coil design, he will order a container shipment.

The engine is similar if not identical to a Grubee Skyhawk "SuperRat", in that it uses an identical 47mm bore, though the stroke is 38mm instead of the "SuperRat" 40mm stroke, which makes the "Rat" engine 69cc; an extra 3cc over the engine i have received.

Here is the engine on the Grubee webpage: http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/SkyHawk Gt5-SR SuperRat.html

Having said that, the normal 70cc engines he sells use a 40mm stroke, so if the crankshafts are the same between the new engine design and the old engine design, it would seen logical that the longer stroke crankshaft could be retrofitted into the new engine design.

Thankfully this new engine design is now being sold in the mass market; making magneto parts readily available; Gasbike being one of the suppliers: http://www.gasbike.net/grubee-skyha...lant-head-standard-finish-bike-motor-kit.html

The next question directed at my bicycle engine kit supplier was of the ignition advance curve: was it a 4-stroke advance curve like the commonly available magneto/CDI or a proper 2-stroke ignition advance curve.
It turned out that he was unable to give me an answer so i had to do some more digging, hence i went to town on Google.

Doing some research revealed that this particular integrated magneto system is used on the 2-stroke 3WF18 misting blower,

http://www.delshine-garden.com/pid12366891/3WF18-9+(20L)+131kw+Agricultural+Power+Sprayer.htm

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/coil-and-rotor-for-WFB-18_307572702.html

and

the company that manufacturers the integrated magneto is Zhongci, which lists the part number as ZC6002, so spare parts supply is not a problem,

http://www.cnzhongci.com/ENGLISH/productshow.asp?id=1198

so, without further ado, here are the photos,

A side note is that a small flywheel puller will be needed to remove this type of magnet from the crankshaft:
View attachment 52502

now what i am wondering is, is this magneto just a signal type or it is the high voltage type? i ask because if it is a signal type, i can use an aftermarket 12v powered system like with a moped to change the curve to whatever i want it to be. i build a bunch of tame engines for my family and kids. i also build some screamers for myself. i'd much rather just hook a few wires up over machine out a circle to install a hall sensor in. the hall sensor is a god send when building high performance engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back