bicycle road rage

This has happened only twice to me, I doubt it happens much in urban settings..

Yesterday a semi buzzed me (less than 10 inches) at around 80mph obviously for fun.
What the heck highway were trying to ride a 30-40 mph motorized bike on that has 80 mph semi-truck traffic?

Sounds to me like that skilled truck driver was giving you a wake up call that you were riding where you don't belong.

Just as guns don't kill, speed doesn't kill either. It's always caused by the human operator who is either inattentive, mentally compromised by various intoxicants or distractions, or pathological thought processes.

I have at least 20,000 miles of over 100mph driving and 1,000 miles of over 150 mph driving. Never a dent or incident. I find that the faster I drive, the more I focus on my driving. At 150+, my eyes will dry out from not blinking! My oldest son is even worse than me. His best speeding ticket yet, cost over $7,000. He drives a 200+ mph car daily.

I find that the older I get the slower I tend to drive. Wisdom or maturity, perhaps the instinctual recognition that my reflexes and thought processes are not as quick as they once were.

What the heck highway were trying to ride a 30-40 mph motorized bike on that has 80 mph semi-truck traffic? Sounds to me like that skilled truck driver was giving you a wake up call that you were riding where you don't belong.
So you condone, using a semi, at speed, to scare someone on a moving bicycle, in a bike lane, that is not impeding traffic?A bicycle that may very well go under the semi, or swerve and make other cars wreck.You say "A OK" to something 85% of the trucking community, and 100% of the law enforcement community would say is something worthy of getting a CDL revoked for life?So when you sell a bike, does the concern for the buyer end when you have the money??

Sounds/looks to me like you don't read things through before you make some dumba.s.s. remark.
POINT1:
It's a four lane highway,
PLUS has DESIGNATED BIKE LANES!!!
Have you ever heard of "speeding"?
There are "share the road" and "bike route" signs every mile for 100 miles!!
It's a known route where centuries are run EVERY YEAR!!

POINT 2:

I live in a state where, the law is, if driving your car/truck, and there is ANYTHING in the shoulder ANYTHING, a person changing a flat, a person walking their dog, mailman (yes KC the mail man has to be where I was, delivering mail, where it's 70mph), college students doing their insect and flower gathering, and or bicyclists,
drivers are to pull to the left as far as is permitted, in this case, 2 LANES AWAY!

KC, here's something you may not know, not everyone lives where you can open your bathroom window,... spit,... and hit your neighbors house. What would you have me do KC, there's one road to and from town (30 miles away), give me another option.Make a list of how I and everybody else should be/act/react by where you live, that's grand.
Sounds like the washington dimwits rational. Stick to promoting your wares KC, your knowledge lies there, notice I only said "promoting".

Dig it KC, this thread is only 33 posts long, you missed that it's a bike lane equipped highway,... if your brain can miss that point to the story, and then you still felt compelled to make an uninformed/blather comment,... what does that say about the possible integrity of your builds?

Just saying.

PS:Almost forgot, people jog on thet very stretch of road, should they be buzzed KC?

Last edited:
What the heck highway were trying to ride a 30-40 mph motorized bike on that has 80 mph semi-truck traffic?

Sounds to me like that skilled truck driver was giving you a wake up call that you were riding where you don't belong.
You, being a motor-assisted bike builder, endlessly promoting your builds here, this is the basis of what your above post says:

"It's OK to buzz someone on the shoulder with a cager, be it a bike or person changing a tire, but for sure teach that biker a lesson,
if you feel they're in danger anyway, you're just teaching them a lesson."

Sure makes me feel good a brother (using the term loosely) biker has that feeling toward others, also sounds like you don't ride much, and drive more.

So let's ride the premise:
obese people, I mean they don't actually do anything to you or touch you or anything, but I mean they're gonna have a heart attack or crush someone when they leave the house, isn't your duty to wait until they're out of breath, then SCARE the **** out of them to expidite the trip to the hospital, it's just a wake up call , you don't actually touch them.

I mean, what the heck are they doing climbing stairs at over 350lbs??!

I always love when my pleasant ride to the local fish store is ruined by someome who just can't handle going 5 over the speed limit and finds it neccesary to pass me on a 2 lane street.Only to then slow way down because,ya know,stop signs.
Oh and once someone flicked a cigarette straight into my path and almost caused a crash, she pulled over and made sure I was okay but didn't admit she did anything wrong.

Well you'll be amazed at how aggressive driver's attitudes change when they realize they're being recorded. It can also help in getting tag numbers as well. Its very hard to deny aggressive driving when it's on video.

I ride with the following mantra: "In the battle between car and bicycle, the laws of physics are the only ones that apply. Watch your back and get out of the way, you live to fight another day".

This in no way condones jackass-like behavior of some drivers out there, understand that. Interestingly enough I've had more hostile encounters with two classes of bicyclist than I have with cars.

The "Cycle Activist" and the "Professional Rider". Way more dangerous than a car.

You, being a motor-assisted bike builder, endlessly promoting your builds here, this is the basis of what your above post says:

"It's OK to buzz someone on the shoulder with a cager, be it a bike or person changing a tire, but for sure teach that biker a lesson,
if you feel they're in danger anyway, you're just teaching them a lesson."
Oh for heavens sake...
Of course I promote my builds as they are an example of a proper way to build!
And newbies learn form them!
Safety is everything to me and what I build and that is a constant and you know it.

So anyway I read a newspaper account of a local MB rider that apparently 'armed' his bike with bottle rocket type fireworks, parked by a freeway and was firing them at cars, apparently they were larger than the typical small ones, and he hit an cop car on the freeway.

Info is hard to find on the rest of the details but I guess it just starteled the cop and pissed him off with no damage.
Keep that in mind if you want to arm your ride as that kid is behind bars now ;-}

Oh for heavens sake...
Of course I promote my builds as they are an example of a proper way to build!
And newbies learn form them!
Safety is everything to me and what I build and that is a constant and you know it.

So anyway I read a newspaper account of a local MB rider that apparently 'armed' his bike with bottle rocket type fireworks, parked by a freeway and was firing them at cars, apparently they were larger than the typical small ones, and he hit an cop car on the freeway.

Info is hard to find on the rest of the details but I guess it just starteled the cop and pissed him off with no damage.
Keep that in mind if you want to arm your ride as that kid is behind bars now ;-}
OOOOOOH scary.You consider a dumb kid shooting fireworks from his bicycle "arming" his bike, I guess you've never held a firearm.Lumping the stupid actions of a kid, willy-nilly shooting fireworks, in with the considerate thought of blowing the brains out of a deserving subject that would kill you, well let's put it like this;
KC you should run for office, you have the same midget mentality with connecting dots as most politicians.

PS, you know what you said something to the effect of "looks like a skilled trucker gave you a wake up call as to where you don't belong", try to spin that all you like, it's a statement, you better hope I don't "drive" through your neighborhood, I'm a fan of text and driving, I might accidentally not see you, you get buzzed, fall and bust your melon, it'd be your fault for overcorrecting,...right?

Last edited:
KC you should run for office, you have the same midget mentality with connecting dots as most politicians.

PS, you better hope I don't "drive" through your neighborhood, I'm a fan of text and driving, I might accidentally not see you, you get buzzed, fall and bust your melon, it'd be your fault for overcorrecting,...right?
Slander AND a Threat on My Life?
Over an observation and opinion and funny local news story?

Talk about the poster boy for a government 'watch list'
Maybe just a forum watch list?
I don't take slander nor threats on my life lightly and this might not be over bucko if you keep this up.

Back