Engine Trouble Putting but won't fire all the way

Jere814

Local time
7:55 AM
Hello everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right spot and doing this correctly. I have been riding my bike all summer. Last week on my way to work to master link came off my chain. Luckily I was real close to work and just pedaled the rest of the way. I got a new master link two days later jumped on my bike. And the bike wouldn't start. Now I went through everything there is to go through I have spark I have compression put a new spark plug in it. It just will not fire now. I don't understand only the master link broke that was it. The last couple days I put starter fluid in the carb. And it will Potter but soon as the starter fluid runs out its Stop. It'll Potter to go down the street but when I give it gas it shuts off. Does anybody know what is going on. Please please please help me.

Idk. I checked everything is tight. And it was just running fine. The dam master link came off an that was it. I fixed that then it wouldn't start. It wants to start it seems like. It will putter but soon as the starter fluid burns up it stops.

I'd guess that the petcock was left on and fuel filled the motor - take out spark plug & unhook CDI wire and pedal the bike with clutch engaged . You'll probably see a lot of fuel being blown out the plug hole. After this, you should be able to start it, but it may run slowly for a while and blow a lot of smoke out muffler - just keep it running till it clears up.

Yea it was left open. Ok I'll try that when I get home or in the morning. Thanks KS ALot.

I'd guess that the petcock was left on and fuel filled the motor - take out spark plug and pedal the bike with clutch engaged .
Excellent advice.
Just blowing any fuel settled in the bottom of the crank case out the top and exhaust really helps as puddled fuel just grabs the aspirated gas/air mix needed to fire.

So I took the whole head off an lifted the jug to make sure my bottom gasket was ok an I noticed that the crank? I believe what pushes the piston arm up an down. Anyway I noticed that it looked like it was wet. Should I have left the head off an the jug upupBecause this time when I put it all back together I left the petcock closed an didn't put any starter fluid in the carb an it fired up for a second then died again. What should I do from here?

if fuel is in the case, it is often hard to keep it running long enough to clear it out - if it starts play with throttle a lot to keep it going (sometimes takes 5 or more minutes till it will run smooth)

you should of turned the bike upside down to drain out the gasoline from the crankcase

Back