Florida laws

Neufcruz

Local time
11:04 PM
Sorry for a new post and really don't want this to get into some crazy debate as in some of the other posts that I could not even tread through to find an answer.
i have a skyhawk frame with a GT6 2 stroke engine.
Trying to make this as legal as I can. what do I do? Im more confused nowe. I thought as long as it was 50cc or less then I didnt need anything.

Mike

Doug is correct... Follow the instructions contained in the Florida DMV RS-68 procedure to make your bicycle legal.
Bottom line is headlights,taillights,register it as a moped, make sure you have at least a regular drivers license and then you're good to go.
What were you expecting?
A little more degail, would be helpful.

I wonder how much they will Enforce. So brake lights? Will look into no clutch and pull start. I thought this was going to be easy. Lol
Thanks
Mike

I just reread RS68...cannot have clutch after starting....whoever wrote this law is a doofus.....what are you suppose to do when you come to a stop...I can't see a difference in a centrifugal clutch and a manual as far as the law goes..

Yeah, that is pretty dumb but the only reason I can see is that it helps with breaking response time. When you have the manual clutch, you need to release the throttle, pull the clutch, and then break. Pulling the clutch in does increase your breaking response time but I wouldn't imagine it will be a big deal on these low speed motorized bikes. Motorcycles on the other hand... :snobby:

Look at it like this; at least you can now build something they'll issue a moped tag for after passing inspection. Before that a self built moped wasn't legal.

Sir, with all due respect....you are a f**king idiot...rs68 DESTROYED Mb's in Florida

Back