California motor bikes

KenM

Local time
9:02 PM
Hi all, I an new to your forum .
Looks like a good place to learn about gas bikes.
I should of asked here first, but you know how that goes.
I was wondering if anybody here knows anything about California motor bikes web store.
I just ordered a engine kit from them and I have not gotten a email from them about them receiving. my order.
Just looking to see if they are legit .
Thanks for your time, and I reckon I will learn some good stuff here as I build my first gasser !!!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
had some questionable stuff come thru for repairs that was supposed to have been from them, but may have been from elsewhere, also, I think they require one to assemble their own motor, so than can cause problems for some folks

Thank you for your reply.
I would have no problem putting the engine, or what ever together .
Just hope I get it to put together .
Thank you again , Ken.

on their site I see that they use sealed crank bearings. From what I know that only works for minimum spin applications, not on a crank spinning at 100 revolutions per second. They will wear out prematurely. I know because I tried sealed bearings on my crank and they were pitifully dry before I could shake a stick at them. Just remove the seals and they will work fine.

some use a sealed bearing with the inside seal pulled out

Thank you for your input about the sealed bearings. I will take the seals off when and if I get the engine. I still have not gotten an email from them at all yet.
Keep looking up ! Ken.

Well I still have not heard anything from this company.
I emailed them this moring to see if they even got the order, or if they are working on it, or if it is shipped . No reply, so far anyway.
Pay pal has paid them. I am not worried about getting the money back, I would just like to know what is going on with the order.
I do not care if it takes a while, I do not even have a bike to put it on yet. I just would like to know what is goin on.
If I get the kit, I guess none of this will matter. But nothing good to say about them so far.
Keep looking up. Ken.

Well stil nothing about the engine kit but I did get the bike to put it on.
I know it is not the perfect bike to trun into a gasser, but it should work.
It is and old Huffy road bike. Probably a 1970s ear. It will give me something to do anyway. Already have about three hours in it cleaning and greasing the pedal and bottom brack bearings today. Will do the front end tomorrow . A lot of rust on it too .
It also has an old 12 volt generator on it. It would be nice if it worked, but I do not think it works. I hooked up a taillight bulb to the wires and spun the wheel and the bulb did not light. Oh well. Keep looking up! Ken.

Back