My old school creation!

Hi, It started out as a Huffy Beach Cruiser that I bought at a Thrift Store for $15 and it kind of got out of control from there. The fuel tanks are old pump style fire extinguishers from the early 1900's and has kersone lanterns from the late 1800's which have been bulbed and wired for light along with sirens from the 50's that run off a 6 volt battery and Power Wheels motors. The sidecar started life at another Thrift Store as a pull behind cart that a small child would ride in behind a parents bike and it went from there. The sidecar frame is wooden covered with canvas and sealed. I don't know why I built it except just to see if I could and with a lot of trial and error I got what you see. My Very First motorcycle show I went to I won "First Place" in the antique class and won "Best Fabrication" of the entire show! I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, what do you think? Coming soon are pictures of my son's OCC Stingray bike which is where all this really got started. By the way thats him riding in the sidecar in the Avatar while it was in the cardboard mockup stage!
3023_my_bike_5.jpg

3023_my_sidecar4_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0236_5.jpg

3023_wood_frame_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0067_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0068_2.jpg

3023_PDR_0531_6.jpg

3023_PDR_0566_2.jpg

3023_PDR_0556_1.jpg

3023_PDR_0565_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i was lookin at the second pic and was like.. you.. won.? :LOL:

then i saw the rest :p

nice work what'd you paint the engine with?

verrrry nice !!! :D
nice conversion of the trailer
the wood looks like it adds a lot of weight
does it affect handling much?

great photo spread!! It's like watching it come to life!!

Amazing!

I like your springer fork. 8)

Very nice!! I was just talking to a buddy of mine about some alum. cylinders I am going to use for dual tanks. Weird!

Dan

That is one awesome example of garage engineering but there is just one thing that I would change and that would be the handle bars.
Different strokes for different folks. I think the wide board trackers would be awesome.
But then again, I don't have any trophies
Looks great
Doc

Back