My next project - Tadpole Trike

I wish it was sand. I looked outside this morning and saw dry pavement. I thought, "cold, but ridable." I jumped in the shower, got clean and dressed, looked back outside, and everything was white.

It's amazing how well that little 1/4" reflective stripe on the tires shines, eh?

that trike is way cool!! bet it's comfy, huh?
how does it handle? what are corners like?

I dig bents! I dig trikes! This has got to be good!!

I like the reflective strip, it will be safer for you at dusk even
(that will help, now you will be so low to the ground)
nice b-day present to yourself btw :LOL:

The trike is comfy, and it corners more like a gocart than a bike. The tadpole style adds something too. I was coming up on a driveway that I wanted to turn into, but the corner was a little sharp for steering. I just locked the front right wheel and made a 90 into the driveway. And I have a 5 LED light on the front (enough for a non-motored vehicle) and a couple of flashers on the back. I promised the chief of police that I'd put a flag on it too. He thinks it's cool.

Unbent 'Bent

Hi Van I was just funnin ya! no-way it could have been bent that much, and still stayed "inline" with itself!

On another note, hyperextending knees is real bad business, are you considering "Pedal Blocks" on the one side so you can equalize the pedaling function, and take potential stress of of your hips?
The older we get, the easier we break (and wear out parts)

Mike

Thats a great point Mike! Van maybe you can find a thicker pedal for on side and yet not noticable. I had to wear a rocker bottom sole boot on one side so, I sorta know the feeling Van.
Doc

Thanks for the suggestions, but I won't be pedaling hard very often. I just shortened the boom, I don't get full extension on one side, but I'm not racing anyone. I passed a bunch of kids on a field trip this afternoon. Mayhem broke out. They think the trike is way cooler than the motored Mtb. I wonder what they would think if they knew what I'm planning to do with it? When I bring it out in public with the motor, I plan to have a rear fairing that will hide it, and I don't plan to ride it much in town. It's for the commute to and from Mosquito Lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see the procedures in the operation room on film.
After that long wait, Van, I bet it scares you to start the disection.
Doc :)

Back