schwinn stingray .

E

eltatertoto

i have a 0cc chopper (shwinn stingray) and i plan on putting on a chinese engine kit but before i do i was just wondering , is there any "cans of worms" i should look out for ? this site has alot of great info i just wanted to know a bit more, like i know i need a mount but at what place do i put it because i need to drill holes, and i know i need a hub but i cant remember the ebay seller's name and just any general info would be great help, i.e. with my existing bike i had to get a spring compresser (for car springs) and use it backwards to bend the frame so the engine chain didnt hit the frame... btw you cant tel i bent it :D thanks for all the help when i get all the stuff: i will put up progression pics and mabey a time lapse vid i dont know though...:cool:

"edit!" i dont need help with names for the hub but i still need to know where to mount the engine bracket at.... but i found this post for the hub... http://motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=58468&postcount=2

Last edited by a moderator:
check the "similar threads" below...maybe some more pics and info for you there.

for thye hub, i think i will try 1st without it, try and save like 50 bucks but ill keep you posted, the kit and the exhaust and the bracket are all getting shipped tommrow.:cool: i think i should have a head start on the ways to get past frame probs...

probablly a stupid question

this question is probablly really stupid but here goes. i have an 80cc chinese engine i just bought another one for my scwinn stingray, what my question is is this new engine says its a needle bearing engine what does that mean exactly? thanks:-|

generally, it means that there are needle bearings at the wristpin-connecting rod instead of a bushing
(the bushings have been the major cause of engine failure)

I would expect a needle bearinged engine to be newer stock and to last longer

Needle bearings are the small roller type bearings, that cover a greater surface area than ball bearings, because they are cylindrical. That's pretty much it. You may have seen them in universal joints on a car's tailshaft.

thanks for the info glad i bought somthing good

my engine kit is finally on its way! i just got the tracking info and fedex picked it up from the fedex location! im so happy! :LOL:

confusing vibrations

my problem is this mornin my bike was running fine i hit 100mi today well this afternoon i hit anything above 16 and my butt pretty much vibrates off this never happened before i know there are alot of vibrations threads bun no one seems to have the same issue as me (not being that bad then the next time u ride ur butt vibrates off) any suguestions? i already have the fat a** seat... if this is normal i am taking off the engine i cant stand this. its worse than sitting on a harley with no suspension.:censored::mad::confused::sick::-|:cry::-/:eek::???:

one other thing i had just washed my bike the day before if that makes a difference i dont see where it would though...:???:

Back