Huangshen 142 F

Local time
6:09 AM
Huasheng 142 F

Does anyone know if it is an exact copy of gxh50qxa motor? I stuck my exhaust valve after only 4 or 5 miles!:eek:

Last edited:
It is NOT an exact copy.....their are differences & the only way to tell is to compare(preferably in the flesh,or by recommendation)
Not a good idea to automatically assume anything about these two engines.

Does anyone know if it is an exact copy of gxh50qxa motor? I stuck my exhaust valve after only 4 or 5 miles!:eek:

Did you stick your exhaust valve on a HS or on a Honda? Honda has spares and HS doesn't. The one thing I wouldn't assume is that the exhaust valves are exactly the same on both engines - they'd be close but probably not exactly the same. Looks like you'll soon find out and be able to tell us. How did the valve manage to stick? Not heard of that happening except to a guy in Oz who used the wrong oil in his motor and also used it in his fuel mix & seized the motor on the first day.

Huasheng, not sure how. Castrol 10-30. fuel mix? Did a couple test runs around the neighborhood then took it for a longer ride. after a few miles it just died, when I tried to restart it it had no compression. Pedaled the rest of the way and when I got to my destination I popped the valve cover off and found the (probably bent) stuck valve. Hopefully the co. I bought it from will warranty it and I won't have to find out if the valves are the same. The cylinder and head are part of the upper case, so you have to disassemble the entire motor to replace a valve, and the piston may be in need of replacement too.

stuck valve

HI I have not heard of this happenning, did you have ALL the little tins around the cylinder fins the whole time? I had heard if you remove any of that tin, you will have valve trouble.

Mike

Huasheng, not sure how. Castrol 10-30. fuel mix? Did a couple test runs around the neighborhood then took it for a longer ride. after a few miles it just died, when I tried to restart it it had no compression. Pedaled the rest of the way and when I got to my destination I popped the valve cover off and found the (probably bent) stuck valve. Hopefully the co. I bought it from will warranty it and I won't have to find out if the valves are the same. The cylinder and head are part of the upper case, so you have to disassemble the entire motor to replace a valve, and the piston may be in need of replacement too.

10W-30 is the correct oil but there is definitely no fuel mix. The oil goes in the engine and the fuel is unleaded high octane (no ethanol\alcohol mix) and goes in the fuel tank. If you followed the guidelines in your HS handbook then I think that the valve gaps must have been set wrong in the factory (I'm assuming you didn't tamper with the valve gaps) and then you are due for a replacement motor from your supplier. I hope your supplier is honourable and does the right thing by you. I hope you didn't mix the oil with the fuel because that would void your warranty. Good luck. The most important part of your bike is the oil and keeping it fresh every 10 hours of operation. First oil change after one hour is a good idea for a motor built in China to get rid of any serious gunk.

"Fuel mix?" was in response to Irish johns statement about the guy who seized his the 1st day.
I'm familiar w/ both 4 stroke and 2 stroke motors. If the co. I bought it from doesn't get back to me I'll tear it appart and see if I can match the honda valve up to it. It's my understanding though that some utilty motors such as these have cast in guides so I may have to bore out the guides and fit new ones allong w/ valves. Not really worth it for the layman but since I have access to the machinery, if I have to, I'll try it just to see if I can do it. It's my 1st 4stroke kit and I love the power band so I'll replace it 1 way or another! I'm likin' the sound of Houghmades discussion about his honda. Anyway this is a good way to find out how good my supplier is! The motor alone is $150 if I gotta buy one and I'm sure I just got unlucky. Also the manual doesn't say what the valve clearances are supposed to be is it the standard .008" and .010" inlet and exhaust respectively.

Exhaust valve clearance is 0.11mm - Intake valve is 0.08mm. Take out the spark plug and pull the rope til the piston is at the top before you adjust the valves.
I'm sorry if I thought you might be like the guy who put mixture in his 4-stroke. I now realise you are savvy about these motors.
Take your lump hammer when you go to see your supplier. Sometimes they need a bit of convincing.

Lump hammer, lets see here, slasher knife, no, um, piercing shank, no that's not it, uh, mm, oh yes there it is. I almost forgot where I put my lump hammer!:smash7:
Thanks IrishJohn. No harm, no foul.

Back