behind the seat gas tank for those looking for alternative ideas

give me vtec

Local time
9:36 AM
I finally figured out a permanent gas tank solution for my felt.... this will work really well for somebody who either cant fit the oem tank on their bike or are just looking for something that looks a little better and wont rust.

The issue...
The conventional tank that comes with the kit would not fit on the upper part of my bike. I tried several different combinations of different sized tanks and racks with some level of success but I was never happy because all the solutions required me to remove the rear fender. Removing the nicely painted rear fender for a jerry-rigged rack mounted tank never sat well with me so I thought a little more and this is what I came up with....

The solution...
I had installed an auxiliary tank on my GEBE townie for extra fuel capacity... After some thinking I realized that a couple of metal straps could attach the tank to the seat post using the bolts that adjust the seat....

Here are some pictures to help illustrate... its pretty self explanatory.

auxtank.jpg

auxtankrear.jpg

newrbside2.jpg

newrbside.jpg

newrbrear.jpg

Hope this helps... If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Here is a link for the tank....
http://adaracing.com/all/go-ped-gas-tanks-fuel-goped-sport/3113

If you want more info on this build here is a link to the thread for this bike....
http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=24531

Last edited:
Very nice build. I see you got a shift kit..which one did you get and how well do you like it. I'm thinking about one for my bike. Not sure if I'm going to use my cruiser frame or my mountain bike.

Very nice build. I see you got a shift kit..which one did you get and how well do you like it. I'm thinking about one for my bike. Not sure if I'm going to use my cruiser frame or my mountain bike.

I used the one from sick bike parts... great kit, highly recommended.

Back