1/2 gal seat post fuel tank

Definitely a better quality tank from the looks of it, your paying for it too. More than double the cost.

True, but I don't mind paying a little more for quality.
I am that way too.
There was nothing on the market worth a crap for an Alt gas tank for me when I built this Cadillac NuVinci shifter a few years back...

2_Caddy3RightDone.jpg

2_Caddy3LeftDone.jpg

No way was I going to throw a Teardrop on that so I had a tank made to my specs.
It held ~2/3 gallon and was fitted to the seat via the seats brackets.

Cost me ~$100 but the perfect look for the bike in my eyes ;-}

That gasbike fuel tank mounting makes me nervous the way it mounts. It just doesn't look to be sturdy enough. It would be too easy to twist from side to side with the weight of 1/2 gal of fuel. I dunno, $50 is a lot if it isn't right. The ghetto bike version is a no brainer the way it mounts......................KC am I the only one who would be leery of 1/2 gal of fuel sitting that close to one's butt? LOL.

I am that way too.
There was nothing on the market worth a crap for an Alt gas tank for me when I built this Cadillac NuVinci shifter a few years back...

2_Caddy3RightDone.jpg

2_Caddy3LeftDone.jpg

No way was I going to throw a Teardrop on that so I had a tank made to my specs.
It held ~2/3 gallon and was fitted to the seat via the seats brackets.

Cost me ~$100 but the perfect look for the bike in my eyes ;-}

Agree. I kinda wish I had done the seat post tank on my first build. Not really liking the look of the current tank.
Oh well, first build : )

Agree. I kinda wish I had done the seat post tank on my first build. Not really liking the look of the current tank.
Oh well, first build : )
Well, sometimes you just have to work with ya got...

2_CaddyDoneRight.jpg

2_ArmyFeltRight.jpg

2_GreenTractor1400.jpg

These days though I find a gas tank frame to be the the best way to loose the ugly teardrop tank.

2_GT2-10G-53-DoneR-1280.jpg

2_GT2-GT5-2sRight1280.jpg

Opposed to a separate gas tank mounted to a bike frame, it's a gas tank frame a bike is built around, lot's of creative ways to build that way ;-}

Back