1,500 watt ebike front hub kit vibrated and shakes bad at speed

joshua97

Local time
3:18 AM
Hi, i just bought 2. Electric bike kits off a mate who used them a few times each, they are the cheap ebay 1,500 watt front wheel gearless brushless kits. Im running on 4. Regular 12v.7ah lead acids. I have installed one kit atm, and when i took off it was all good bit when i reach about 20kph the whold thing shakes like crazy, the wheel looks straight when spinning and when i lift wheel from ground it spins fine, but when i ride the thing vibrates forward n back like mad!!! Please help?

If you don't get a good answer here, post your question on endless-sphere.com. They have seen everything.

If you were talking about an auto my 1st suspect would be a wheel balance issue. Haven't a clue how to balance a bicycle wheel with a motored hub. Do you see anywhere where a weight my have been attached but is now missing? Someone might else chime in who has more knowledge.......Does your tire have a bulge in it? Hold the bike up close to a wall straight on and spin the tire keeping it steady see if its perfectly round.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the out of balance diagnosis. If you take the whole wheel with tire to a motorcycle shop, they might be able to electronically balance it for you.

Cheers BJ

Back