10% power gain by motorcycle CDI/coil

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
I thought that replacing the standard CDI would help some but not this much! I perfected my design and got almost 10% power gain. I used to climb one street at 20.5mph but now I do so at 22.5mph. That's a gain of 9.75%. But there's science to back up this idea. (see "Devices to improve the performance of a conventional two-stroke spark ignition engine") Since 2.5% more power is derived from each 33% increase in spark power then a 10% increase of power means the new CDI has 133% more spark power! Not so amazing really considering how small the ignition coil must be to fit inside the standard CDI/coil combo. To read more about this all go to my page about Ignition Timing Changes
The CDI is now available for purchase also.

I like this. I've been looking for a hotter spark setup and this just might be the ticket.

Be the first of April before I can get one but it's now written in the budget :cool:

The other day I tested the maximum spark gap for both CDI's. The standard one gapped 1.5mm and mine (with KX80 ignition coil) gapped 4.7mm!

Ok, I've re-arranged my budget(I plan waaay ahead :p )and I want to buy one of your ignitions. Do you have PayPal? How much to ship?

I'll be getting this first of March.

I went to your post and there's NOTHING about how to order one :(

Ok nvm, I found it. You need to not hide something like that. How to order things needs to be spelled out and not difficult to find or your losing sales.

Last edited:
This isn't my principle business. I didn't even really want to sell it but it was so good that I had to make it available to keep a clean conscience.

Back