100% certified idiot

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

What on earth was the driver of the blue coloured vehicle thinking - the lane was clear, the bikes were inside of the shoulder lane marking and the driver had no reason to come to a complete stop on a highway without any obstruction ahead of the vehicle.

I have seen this type of accident more than once when people come to an abrupt stop as they attempt to merge onto a 4 lane freeway - total driver incompetence, yet the person who slams into the back of them is legally at fault - this is just plain wrong.

Scroll forward to 25 seconds on the video:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Sorry. I can't agree with you on this one.

It is true that the blue car didn't have any reason to come to a complete stop. A mere slow down, passing the bike on the side of the road, would have been good enough. But I'll grant other motorists the right to slow way down, even stop for a short while, if they simply feel that they don't understand what's ahead.

(I guess I'll cover the inevitable objection right now; "What was there to not understand?" I don't know. And I don't need to know. But if he wasn't sure of what was going on ahead of him, then I'd rather he stop than to blow right through.)

The dope in the black truck who was blasting along with his cruise control on and not looking at the road ahead was the one who was at fault. Especially since there was some sort of obstruction in the opposing lane, causing other brain dead drivers to cross the yellow.

Everyone who is behind the wheel has the responsibility to not hit anything, anything in the road.
  3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Just before the blue vehicle is hit from behind, it comes to a complete stop "without any obstruction in front of the vehicle".

The driver of the blue vehicle was the sole cause of the collision, yet legally the driver of the black truck is at fault. This is plain wrong as the driver of the black truck would have not had any reason to suspect some half witted idiot coming to a complete stop on a highway without any forward obstruction.

My job involves driving a patrol vehicle for 12 hour shifts, 7 days in a row, and i not only see this situation occurring frequently, but i am also on the receiving end of f*#kwits like the driver of the blue vehicle.

Thankfully over the past ten years of being a professional driver, my reflexes have been honed to be faster than a cat crossing a hound kennel, and i feel pity for people behind me when i've had to throw the work car to the side of the road; thereby avoiding a collision with a moron who decides to come to an abrupt stop for no damn reason; and with a clear lane ahead. Unfortunately the person behind me also has no reason to suspect that the driver in front will abruptly hit the brakes and runs straight into the back of the vehicle which i've managed to avoid.

Typically this happens in "merging lanes", where the lane is designed to increase the speed of vehicles to match the speed of the main traffic flow, but then, some f*#kwit decides to abruptly come to a complete stop at the entry point of the main traffic flow, resulting in motorists slamming up the back of the stationary vehicle in a multi-car collision.

The law generally states that the person involved in a rear end collision is at fault, but there are many situations where this legal outcome is just plain wrong.
    I still say that the driver of the blue vehicle is solely responsible for the collision in the video, as there was no mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle, causing it to come to a complete stop.

That driver should be strapped onto a rocket and fired into the sun (twice), just to teach him/her a lesson !!!
  4. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

This is exactly the case. WAY too fast for the conditions and head in ass while driving. Legally, morally and otherwise. Does not even matter why blue car stopped.

My real comment is the MC rider must have God's grace and have further missions on this Earth.
  5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Not true at all.
    I've been in a situation where the car in front was doing what it was supposed to be doing then in the instant of checking my rear vision mirror, the moron ahead decided he missed the turn and slammed on the brakes thinking that the turn could be made, of which the laws of physics simply made it impossible. The result is that i had to throw the car off the road to avoid a collision. If i spent a micro second extra looking in the rear vision mirror i would have slammed into the rear of the vehicle. I see this happen so often in city traffic and the f*#kwits who cause such accidents get away with it (i.e. it doesn't affect their insurance premium or licence demerit points) and the law fails to take into account the perspective of the "so called", "at fault" driver.

So now tell me, who is at fault if i went up the backside of the car in front for checking my rear vision mirror at the wrong time. Legally i am at fault, but that's a total load of bovine excrement to say that it is.
  6. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Though it's counter-intuitive, if you hit anyone in the ass while driving (or even have a close call), you were either driving too fast, following too close, or not paying attention, simple.I drove big rigs for many years, and regardless of road rules if you were even involved in near any accident, the company stated you were at fault, how's that for harsh?
  7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I have worked for a person involved in the tree lopping/tree care business and that guy was a nervous wreck on the roads because car drivers would change lanes at the very last second to dive into a side street; slamming on the brakes directly in front of the truck, to the point where you couldn't even see the car in front of the trucks bonnet line. Naturally he would hit the brakes hard, and most of the time it was sheer luck the he didn't run straight over the top of the car.

Now if he did slam the car driver in the rear end, it would "by law" be his fault, but there is no way in he!! that such a situation is the truck drivers fault.
    Surprisingly there are some people who will give a carte-blanche answer that "fault" is "always" the person who rear ends another - this concept is total :icon_bs:
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  8. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Now you're an intelligent man, so understand, you are taking this traffic incident and putting the childlike "that's not fair!" moniker on it; or you're complaining about the symptom and not dealing with the cause.The facts are there are complete f.u.c.k.t.a.r.d.s. (25 watters in a 75 watt world) that get a drivers license, and as a 75 watter, it is up to us to pick up the slack, meaning "be prepared, that may be a 25 watter ahead".If you'd like that changed, first thing to do is make the hoops to get a drivers license more stringent (which I'm ALL FOR), but if you want to truly change it, you're talking Hitler-like eugenics, which no human can be trusted to do properly.
  9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Not so fast GG. I can point you in the direction of some other forum members who will give you a completely different opinion; living by the Hillary Clinton concept: "there are people who are our friends and the other people we wish were dead"

Some on this forum believe that i'm one of the "other people" :devilish:
  10. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

The driver of the truck had PLENTY of time to stop before he slammed into the blue car. He didn't stop right before he was hit, there was a few seconds in between. Even if he had stopped quickly (he slowed down before coming to a complete stop), the driver of the truck was driving way too fast. Had he been driving at a reasonable speed, he would have had plenty of time to react before slamming into the blue car.
  11. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

with so much dangerous morons running free it makes you wonder how you would vote if the topic was whether or not the gov't has the right to prevent morons from passing down their moron genes (having kids)?

there's more morons than dust down here. south america would return to being a wilderness.
    I'm all for life and freedom but nature run amuk without controls is not conducive to civilization. Imagine a garden where the gardener was prohibited from pulling weeds.