100 Miles per gallon....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Snorks, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Snorks

Snorks New Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to the forum, although fantasies about motorising pushbikes have been part of me for the last 25 years!
    I love small engines & minibikes,scooters & motorised pushbikes. I once supercharged a 50cc Honda minibike using a homemade rotary vein blower with 19mm Delorto flatslide carb....sounded like a dentist drill. In the last few years I've purchased a number of solex's. mostly from the mid 60's and a more recent hungarian repro.Also an old RAP -a 50cc 2speed 2 stroke dutch moped from the mid 50's with a REX engine. I'm currently in Africa but am moving back home to Melbourne Australia next month. I'm leaving all the bikes here on display at my father in laws shop..... soooooo when I arrive home i'll be looking for a new project.
    Nothing grates on me more than seeing a tiny 65-70kg person driving around town in a HUGE 2ton 4WD guzzling 14litres of precious fuel every 100kms! Does anyone else feel this way?
    I've often searched the web for motorised bikes but never come across this forum before? So glad I did.
    cheers
    Simon

2. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:

3. Hey Snorks! You got any pics of the bikes you left behind?
    What are you planning on building? What engine?

Welcome to MBc!

You made it home.

4. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard, Snorks

5. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

BSA

6. Snorks

Snorks New Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to the forum although I've been interested in motorising pushbkes for 25 years! During that time I've....
    handcrafted a supercharger for a honda 50cc minibike, owned a number of velo solex's,gathered a vast model aircraft engine collection & tuned some to over 22,000+ rpm ,messed about with a dozen or so minibikes,lawnmowers etc.etc.
    I love small capacity engines & have searched the web so many times for motorised pushbikes, but for some reason have never come across this site?
    Looks like a great group-glad to be part of it!
    cheers
    Simon

7. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome!

Hello and welcome to MBc, home of many answers and a great bunch of people!...good luck on your endeavors and happy motoring..:shock:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  8. (Merged posts together)

9. RedGreen

RedGreen Member

Welcome, just joined yesterday. I too think this is a great group. If you have any questions, I'm sure somebody here can answer em.

10. Snorks

Snorks New Member

sorry about my double posting, I'm still trying to find my way around the forum
    Here's a few pics.
    cheers
    Simon

Attached Files:

11. RedGreen

RedGreen Member

The second one looks just like what you need to make a hummer! Good pics

12. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Simon. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
    Heres a thred just started lately.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9684

General request to all new members.
    Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
    There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:}
    Here's a great post link to get you started.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  13. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

welcome to the club of help to all that be MB riders and dealer im turbo chaos of texas have fun

14. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

15. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Welcome Snorks. Glad you've found your way here. Now if you wouldn't mind, would you please go to your UserCP and enter your location. That way we all have an idea of where you are. Thanks.