125cc? Crazy? Thats my middle name!

Rileymoto

Local time
2:47 AM
Just started building my new ride today! Purchased a 125cc lifan 4 stroke semi-auto 4 speed race engine... Got myself a OCC chopper bike... A welder... lots and lots of steel.... a bunch of guys that are pumped about the project... I know, i know many will come on this thread and point fingers of disapproval but i just wanted to get a giant engine to get much better acceleration than my pitiful 35cc! Wish me luck pictures will start up asap!!!

Ride on!

Jonathan

Overpowered, and hopefully not underengineered

Hi, well to start with I put a 350 hp hi-po 327 chevy into a 29 Model A frame and body with a Muncie M-20 4-speed, BUT, I built an independant front suspension with Disc brakes and modern steering, and a Ford rear end with modern type V-8 rear brakes. Going fast is fun, getting killed because you could not stop is........ (you pick the word).

Sooo..... that bike comes with no front brrakes and 60-70 percent of street-bike braking is front.

What are your front brake plans?

125cc performance engine with gearbox? Not a moped in any state, and what will you use in the rear to stop it?

How do you plan to license it?

Sounds like a fun project, (or a death trap) BUT, remember to care about your fellow Motorbicyclists, and not to screw it up for everyone else?

Remember, have fun, stay alive, and try not to screw it up for everyone else?

Mike

Well I am gonna use a front brake caliper plan i found from another thread.... as for licensing it... Its just for fun nothin seirous so i don't even plan on taking it out on to commuter steets probally just keep it for up in the mountains and such

that's a cool THING

Its just for fun nothin seirous so i don't even plan on taking it out on to commuter steets probally just keep it for up in the mountains and such

that's a cool THING for fun in the sticks
plenty of sticks up top the mountain here
and we are also blessed to have many private dirt roads

but -- as we are sure you are aware
on the streets that THING
will be a pooolice getter !!!

I like to get a lot of THINGS -- but -- not the pooolice !!

Yeah! Its gonna be pretty awesome!
And i am sure this dang thing will not be underengineered at all...
With the ammount of steel bracing and bolts i am putting in this dang thing...
I am a rock climber so i have lived my whole life backing things up to a point of insanity!

Keep us posted on your speed of this 125cc motorbike engine!

Gears + big cc must be nice!

Yeah! The engine is gonna come tomorrow! Hey Znsane I got a few questions for you when you have a chance... Its just questions about bigger engines and you seem to be the most knowlageable one

Back