12V 18-25W headlight wanted

Things are pretty expensive here in Oz - $128AU delivered for the same light from eBay Oz. Yet only about $95AU to buy from the US and have it delivered.
That's why I buy so many things directly from the US or Asia.
Despite the high postage cost, I still usually save money, and with stuff from Asia - I always save money.
Australian vendors need to wake up a bit and make their prices more reasonable.

the good thing about the USA is that shipping is pretty cheap, with the competition between FED EX and UPS, the normal USPS service is in severe debt problems and looking and going down to a 5 day deliver schedule just to save money.....

hi steve,

talk about false advertising, the light bulb was a 55 watt bulb,(not 25 watt) and doesnt even have the high low beam, just two wires,not the three they advertised, one for the light and the other for a small bulb to light up the blue cap....

ahhhh....

about to go on ebay and give them s...., but might still keep it all the same, the housing is a perfect size and it is a well built unit i will just have to make sure my attachment bracket is bombproof first.

Thanks augidog, not bad looking, although the diameter is pretty large, the price is good.
As you say, they don't mention wattage, but more important is the socket. If it's a common size/type, I can probably get a 20-30W globe to suit.
I'll try contacting them for more details.

Tested the new 100W (ex-electric scooter) motor/generator today - works great. I need a better motor-to-generator coupling for my test setup, (almost done), but meantime I got a comfortable 66W at 16VDC today, without hitting full generator rpm.
Hopefully this will end up an a s s-kicking lighting and charge system.
(It's costing an arm and a leg, it better be.)

I started to browse VirtualVillage's other lighting earlier, but IE kept crashing. Seems OK now. I've bought a few things from them in the past including the optical tacho that I'm using for my testing.)

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That's not a bad looking little light. Price is good, too. $9.99US + deliv. Works out at about $45AU delivered. It's on my watch list.
Do you think a 12V 18W car indicator bulb would fit?

Back