12v cordless battery pack for a power source?

MauserBob

Local time
6:05 AM
Afternoon, all. :)

After searching and reading many of the various threads on lights and whatnot, I've come up with an idea that I'd like to run across my more experienced fellow members....I was using my cordless B&D leafblower the other day and found that the 12v battery packs are small & light enough that they wouldn't add much bulk or heft to my bike, so the plan began to form.

Anyone ever use a battery pack like these as a power source for their lighting projects?

Thanks in advance guys.

Rob.

Last edited:
Nobody, huh? :eek:

Sheesh, does this mean I'm a true innovator for a change? :p

That'd be a first. :D

Rob.

It's prolly not big enough. You'd prolly have to wire a few of them together to get any reasonable results.

Plus, 12V isn't going to build the quickest e-bike by any means.

The guys over at Endless Sphere have done a bunch of work modifying tool battery packs for Ebikes. How many AH are the packs your talking about???

I use a cordless drill battery pack...15.4 volts, and I use it to run a 12 volt 35 watt mr-16 spotlight bulb. I posted previously about it in the home depot light section, I believe.

I just picked up the smallest motorcycle battery I could find at Discount Auto...$24...done. Cordless drill batteries....eh. My 35w light will run for hours, and it's BRIGHT. And it fits perfectly in my rack bag's front section perfectly. It's a lead acid, and you can fast charge it in less than 2 hours if necessary.

Back