144 spoke rear wheel? Not possible it would seem

locoWelder said:
I have to disagree with Japat100,If that bike makes you happy than buy it and build it..... 8)
if it makes you happy ) that is the question ???? ( the other question that is important is how long are you going to be happy for ,,an hour,, a day,,,, a week,,,, what i am saying if you buy a bike with all the extra you will be the happiest guy on the planet as you head home with your new bicycle , you may loose some of your happiness when you spend as much paying someone with a lathe to make adapter for your back sprocket as you did buying buying your bike ,,,,,more happiness may be lost when you find out that the mounts don"t line up with your back wheel so now your sprocket is out of wrack ,, you may loose more happiness when you find out the frame size don"t fit the mounts ,,,,,,,the small items ,,,,,air leaks,, gas leaks,striped bolts ,coil failure ,vibration should not rob any of your happiness because we all except and expect these problems ,,, so my advice unless you have a machine shop full of tools ,and know how to use them,, stay away from any bicycle that have all the bells etc. and buy only a bike that these kits are built for ,, or your happiness could disappear sooner then you think .. now on the other hand if you have a machine shop you know all the changes that has to be made and lots of time on your hands then i would agree with ,,locoWelder ::If that bike makes you happy than buy it and build it..."".

i thought i was going to be happy with my beautiful wife ,, i now have a ugly one thats works ,and i am very happy
no.no. "i am safe " "she don"t read the forum "
jaypat100

In the UTOPIAN forum, one of you would begin closing this topic, with a "SOLVED", "AGREED", YES or NO, in this case NO.

Then in democratic fashion, 2 other MB's with experience and input would second and third the motion.

There are many examples of that happening, the guillotine yesterday on the Texanarchist being the the latest, an overwhelming majority.

On these tech issues, any moderator could then edit the title, as YES, NO or MAYBE, meaning if a casual or experienced reader scrolled through, with our excellent pics, he would arrive at the MBanswer.

Then later a more organized moderator could pick up on the answered questions, move them to a category....

If the new software has the power they are speaking of, we are going to be light years ahead of any other motorbike forum, if we haven't been since Tom built the thing.... 8)

But we have to get this Tech stuff down to arriving at THE MB.answer on "details".

"Collective consciousness" as it were, nobody but folks doing this idiotic hobby knows how fun it is, and we trust the opinions who DO share the enthusiasm.

Even jpat has become a bhudda of enlightenment, and can fully participate, emeritus as it were. 8)

I can't make an opinion on this unfamiliar topic, but as a casual reader AND utopianidealist, I'd put the motion in as NO, and if I hear a second and third, we'll fork this steak off the grill and call er DONE. :(

NO TO THE 144
, just ask jpats wife. :D

This case study is important because of the software change, I know personally one, maybe two moderators are wandering down that path blind...... :???:

Spooky tooth shows a radially laced wheel with a sprocket assembled to it... no detail but there it is.

roland, from spookytoothcycles builds'em, azkronic and l seen them first hand.
he had'em in the back of his truck, they where blinding with chrome, with the az sun shine'n on em. l'm sure he knows how to do it, and in a safer manner. someone might want to email him for this info, 144's yes:cool:

I talked to Roland and he says it can be done, but It is very difficult and requires removing 9 spokes.

Well then as it interferes with the integrity of the wheel (nine spokes removed) that makes it a no? Maybe!

with a 135 still there you still have more than enough support. average wheels have 36 spokes, with a heavy duty having 12 guage, this has 144 at 14 guage, (only one size smaller) sounds solid.

With 144 spokes,if you simply cut the nine spokes that are in the way and let the rubber mount keep the loose spokes on the rim so you still have that cool look,wouldn't the other 63 spokes on the left side(144 divided by 2 minus 9) be enough to keep it all cool?
I would love to see a custom low rider with the twisted forks and chrome everything and those cool rims with a happy time. A bike like that would be ridden often instead of just displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back