19,561 members at MBc..right..WRITE

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ENO, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ENO

ENO Member

Common guys..have you had your index fingers amputated..Get on the keys and start adding some posts... otherwise your eyesight from reading too much may suffer..Make it so "eye" can read your thoughts, ideas and see your bikes. Post the pics / build the site /keep us all in touch..answer some of those poor guys who post, and feel disheartened when nobody answers for days. Go to the White Zone if your mind is straying..ENO (Oz)...Dont worry you wont wear out your fingerprints..unless you have had the amputations from skidding off the bike and gouging out the bitumen ..

2. graucho

graucho Active Member

ENO I'm also noticing what your saying.
    I've noticed that about the same 35 people out of the 19,561 members converse. Also it hurts me to see some threads with 2000 views with only 6 comments. I may be wrong, but that says to me that people are just here for the entertainment and the free info. I also go in streaks where I hang low for a week, then jump in for some abuse. But you have to admit the ratio of total members to how many contribute is amazing.
  3. ENO

ENO Member

Youre right Graucho..But you definitely generate some good responses from the "dedicated"..Those young guns you are offering things to can get on and start giving us their laterals..Mountain Man / Bill and the other hardcores always give us a reason to get on..Lets see what happens..Love those aliens you build..class / style / ingenuity / and a sort of lysergic quality of days gone by..See ya ENO
  4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Some people "listen" more than they talk. And I suppose some members rarely even look in.
    That's okay.

But everyone should talk to the newbies as much as possible. Even if it's only to say "welcome to MBC". That's so easy that there's no excuse.
  5. graucho

graucho Active Member

I have to give you a BIG hats off to you bluegoatwoods. You are probably the most consistent member in the intro section. Ill try to get back on the intro bandwagon. It does feel good when someone notices your there when joining.
    My brother-in-law (terrence) posted concern about lack of intro comments about 4 months ago and it did perk up for a while.

Anyways good job to you, and i'll try to help.
  6. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

I was noticing that too! They same folks for the most part discuss the topics at hand, but yet, there are so many members.

Also, I noticed the last two nights, that most people are now using the chatbox instead of posting in the Forums. I prefer forums, never been much of a chatroom person, I like the words to stick around.
  7. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I agree. The chatbox could be useful for saying "hi" to whoever is here. But I'd feel rude then moving on to the forums.

And I remember Terrence's post on the subject of saying hello to newbies, Graucho.
    And I've tried to keep it in mind. It seemed like good advice.
  8. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I think it's a function of hours in the day. I try to help the new guys when I can. Or post about "stuff".

Some people are post *****s, others aren't. :tt1::jester::grin5:
  9. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Speaking of hours in the day, Pablo, do you live on your computer?

I've never seen a quicker merchant response to an order placement. Thanks loads!
  10. Pablo

People sometimes think that, but I'm just running all the time.....I have an "unpredictable routine":dunce::ack2::grin5: PC at 3:30 AM....dinner at 6 PM...packaging at 8pm...most of the other stuff is a blurr.
  11. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Hmmm...when do you sleep - or do you?
  12. Pablo

From time to time sleep seems good, but when I awaken, I feel the experience is overated.
  13. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Meh, just the nature of things, not much will change that.

The forum stats say 6K members with 1200 active.....20% is not bad.

I belong to another forum with 150K members with 15K active.....10%.
  14. ENO

ENO Member

5,955 Members not 19,561

Gee guys..Bad eyesight on my part...Didnt read the whole page did I ?
    There are 5,955 members.. NOT 19,561..(These are POSTS)..Lucky I dont own a business and do up the pays...SORRY..Still great though..I have noticed in the last 48 hours or so that there have been 80 posts and lots for the new "Introduce yourself" guys..Anyone seen my glasses ?.. Ive looked everywhere ..I suppose my Avatar is the evidence that I am at times as blind as a bat. Will be more precise in future when quoting stats..ENO (Oz)... (Optically Zip)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  15. robin bird

robin bird Member

19000 members !! wowzer i never thought there was so many!! i try to intract as i find it fun and informitive !!
  16. graucho

graucho Active Member

ENO made a correction before your post about a mistake in the amount of members. :whistling:
  17. ENO

ENO Member

Thanks Graucho...Still a good amount of riders though..Lost weight eh?..Did you compost the gardens or pack all that hair into your exhaust to quieten it down a bit...You know in the Led Zeppelin days around 1972 I used to tuck my hair into to the back of my belt on me "flared Levis"...Saw Woodstock about seven times at the flicks, although I only really remember going once..the other six times I think I was really there in the mud watching Richie Havens wear down the floorboards on the stage with his sandals..See ya ENO...I noticed (Maths right) that the Member count is now 5.993 ..38 Newbies in the last seven days.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009