1908 Bike

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by Esteban, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

A few pages I copied from a 1908 Sear & Roebuck catalog. For your information, $15, back then == about $435, today !!!

Attached Files:

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I had never seen the RR attachment before and I grew up in a town with two rail lines passing through it.
    I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to build one.
  3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Interesting attachment but i can't imagine it working very well....also interesting if u meet a train.
  4. biken stins

biken stins Member

you tube has a vidieo or two.
    Miles of unused rail all over. Sounds like fun.
    Would one need a cow catcher or such ?
  5. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I got an e-mail from a fella named Chris, who either reads MB.com or caught my Youtube video.....

Anyway, he builds the RR attachment, he even has a webpage devoted to the idea.

What I thought interesting was IF you could make it detachable, where you put it on in the morning, make a 20 mile straight line shortcut run up the tracks, then stash it in the weeds until the return leg in the afternoon.

No need/opportunity out here, but you rust belters with lots of tracks, or Canadians in the wide open, might get good ideas.....

snipped from his website:

6. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

I'll keep my riding on the roads. Even if a train didn't hit you, a fall on rails, large gravel, & cross-ties would be NASTY !