1915 HD tribute rebuild

Had completed a 1915 Harley Davidson Tribute Bike. After wrecking it I thought that considering it had a Chinese motor and other foreign parts this gave no justice to a Harley, So I started a rebuild on the 1915 Harley and rename it to the Barely American Bike. With a Harley Style Logo
BA.jpg
That came from the original design
100_0275.jpg
Now I have repainted it a Gray
repaint_gray.jpg
and added a few touches like a rear fuel tank made from pvc holds a little over 3/4 gallons. Which I have researched and found the pro and cons. So after ride I will drain the tank it will help the tank last.
rear_fuel_tank.jpg
And will cover the backtank with a nice saddle bag set from Amazon
saddle_bags.jpg
Redone the forward tank was a foe tank but now it is a real fuel tank .
IMG_2351.jpg
Then I have an analog speedometer that I have retro out to put at the front of the forward tank
IMG_2320.jpg
Have to put it all together and will be showing the finished product soon.

Have bike put back together still have some tweaking and a few parts to add.
rebuild_leftSide.jpg
Don't like the headlight bracket . Think I will make another from some rod material I have laying around.
rebuild_RightSide.jpg
rebuild_Front.jpg
rebuild_Top.jpg
rebuild_Back.jpg

I like it. Nice work.

Now I'll nit-pick a bit. It seems that you didn't want the insignia to actually say "Harley-Davidson" when it's not so. I agree. But I've never been too impressed with Hardly-Davidson or Huffy-Davidson and such. "Barely-American" is an improvement, actually.

When re-painting time comes you might try some sort of faded Harleyish insignia with lettering that's not actually readable. But that's just my opinion. Yours might be different. And your preference will trump mine, naturally. Rightly so.

Does your threaded pipe seat post have any 'bounce' to it? That could be handy. Though I'd want to make sure that seat is attached very securely. I'm having a hard time picturing your U-bolt attachment. Could you give some details?

Well the idea that I wanted the logos to have a Harley flavor because the bike does have a early Harley look, but not to infindge to much on their logo. The lay back seat rides fine the U bolts are attached one on each side at the bottom of each spring to the cargo rack. That way I have stability and still have the cushion of the springs

Love the layback pipe post. Brilliant! But you really had me with the sidecar. Nice.

Back