1948 simplex service cycle

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by billy270, Aug 3, 2010.

1. billy270

billy270 Member

hey i am about to do a restorration on a 1948 service cycle any help would be great ill buy and good parts in good shape......

2. commodore

commodore New Member

3. commodore

commodore New Member

Servi-cycle club

billy270,
    Check on www.servi-cycle.com
    Some of the links don't seem to work anymore but in the classifieds there are some phone numbers for some of the collectors.
    Hope this helps you.
    Post a picture of you bike, we'd like to see it.
    Mark

4. commodore

commodore New Member

billy270,
    Talked to Wayne yesterday, He still has Resto parts.
    Mark

5. kartjockey

kartjockey New Member

'48 simplex

billy270, I have a completed 48. Be glad to help out . I,m in Midland, MI

6. billy270

billy270 Member

what are u trying to get for that cycle

7. kartjockey

kartjockey New Member

'48 simplex

billy270, I'll probably never sell it but I like to think the value might approach the $6000 mark. I also have several pieces of literature and different things for it . This bike came out of Mississippi and was complete except for the taillight lens. If you want a have a copy of the operators manual I will send to you that you can keep. The originals can be pricey. It's a fun reader and will help out a bunch. Let me know.

8. Bob Gurkin

Bob Gurkin New Member

billy270 did you ever get a copy of the 1948 Simplex Servi-cycle? If not, I am working on putting a copy online. Let me know and I will give you a link.

9. BPerry2

BPerry2 New Member

Hey Bob, would you mind sending me link to the Simplex manual? I have one that isn't complete and would like to inventory what I need to do a restoration. I would greatly appreciate it.

10. DynoDan

DynoDan New Member

I think I can help.....

I have a 1948 Simplex Servi-Cycle and the original owners manual that came with it. I have owned the bike for some 51 years and
    still ride it and.... yup, I still love it!
    Not sure about how to put the manual online for others to view but you can e-mail me here in Oklahoma any time you like.
    daniel.bromley@cox.net