1951 Monarch Board Track Racer

Fast Shag

Local time
4:56 AM
PC140471.JPG
PC150475.JPG
So I just aquired this yesterday for $40! 1951 Monarch Rocket that I will be building a tribute board track racer. I am replacing the sprocket to a 25 tooth so the motor fits. I think I will have some nuts welded onto the forks so I can install caliper brakes. The forks have no room to drill holes. Maybe put some flatstock sheet metal to cover rear rack that seat is on. The gas tank is made outta a premix fuel can ya get at the hardware store. I already sanded and tapped the petcock and seems to be holding. The tank sits to one side with rubber straps so it's easy to remove and fill. I'll keep ya all updated.....

Last edited:
PC170483.JPG
I welded the caliper bolt to forks, came out nice a straight...
PC170477.JPG
PC170481.JPG
I also hollowed out a stock black pipe that I can use.....

Fantastic job man. Looks as cold as Norway. I have almost finished my build and are ready to hit the road.

Like you I glued my fuel tap into a small tank. Looking at taking my bike over the high mountain trails over summer. Should be a blast. New to this world and boy are there some hot bikes on this page. Planing on learning to weld properly and make a rat bike. Love the simple look of your bike. We should use them after all.

Tomorrow is my first ride planning on a coastal road trip. Test the build find the bugs. Plenty of time that's to lock down. Wood shed is now bike shed.

I tapped my petcock into tank. Glue will fail every time. Make sure your carb is level. It looks like it's sticking too far up. I would take it around the block before taking it on a road trip. Have fun!

Yes fixed card today and glued petcock yes I know it will fail. Weld shop is closed!!

Back