1951 Whizzer Pacemaker

It gets worse lol. Yesterday I dropped off the stuff that gets chrome & zinc plating & the estimate was almost $1200. That's a nice bike SilverHeels.

Silverheels,

Great looking Whizzer. I live in NOVA, maybe one day we can try to do a ride. For that matter, it seems there are a decent number of us in the mid Atlantic region.

JB,

Seems to me you need to look into learning how to do your own plating! :sick:

No, I actually wanted to know what was in the pile of parts. I don't care for an explanation of the cost; people pay what they will pay for things they want. Everyone has a different threshold of what is considered reasonable.

Then why did you put 3 question marks after $700?

Well, if you think chroming is expensive, get estimates on buffing aluminum or any buff-able metal for that matter. You'll quickly take up the art yourself! Hee, Hee...

Yeah, she looks like a beaut. Needs a little love, though here and there. Now, just need to get her to MD from Dearborn, MI....all in one piece..or maybe two depending on the crating.
Thanks JB

Silverheels,

Great looking Whizzer. I live in NOVA, maybe one day we can try to do a ride. For that matter, it seems there are a decent number of us in the mid Atlantic region.

JB,

Seems to me you need to look into learning how to do your own plating! :sick:

Hey atombkes,
NORVA, Eh? It would be nice to have a regional section for the purpose of lawful assembly. I belong to a couple of vintage car sites that have forum sections for members to respond and introduce themselves by region.
Happy Trails...and Happy New Year!

JB, the guy who suggested chrome plating at home may have been standing a little to close to the fumes! He may have been confused with a zinc plating kit you could get at a place such as Eastwoods. Chrome is a heavily regulated carcinogenic toxin and could not be done at home, not to mention that it's a very complicated process involving toxic acids and chemicals you wouldn't even be able to purchase. This is why Chrome Plating is extremely expensive and dangerous! I suspect most people on this site know this. Lillback44

Back