1951 Whizzer Pacemaker

I'm curious about your zinc plating, especially on your drum brake. It looks good, but I was wondering if yours was originally nickel plated? I'm wondering if there is a reason you chose zinc? And do they plate that with the arm attached?
The reason why I ask is because I have thought of having mine done and think there is no way to take that arm off? At $225 bucks, I don't want to screw mine up, especially since the finish is ok. Thanks
Nickel would be correct on bikes 30's and earlier, I often see people chrome plate the pork chop on the schwinn and whizzer brakes (which looks good) but the Cad is factory correct.

Last edited:
I'm curious about your zinc plating, especially on your drum brake. It looks good, but I was wondering if yours was originally nickel plated? I'm wondering if there is a reason you chose zinc? And do they plate that with the arm attached?
The reason why I ask is because I have thought of having mine done and think there is no way to take that arm off? At $225 bucks, I don't want to screw mine up, especially since the finish is ok. Thanks
Years ago they cadmium plated a lot of these parts. When I checked around Quenton & others said now places do zinc plating & it looks about the same. My drum brake backing plate was plated like what it is now. The brake drum, hub itself is chrome. They plated the stuff with stuff attached like the brake arms & they look good.

Last edited:
Got the engine back from Quenton today.

Pacemaker engine.jpgPacemaker engine 2.jpg

Back