1958 puch ms50

bconnors58

Local time
5:18 PM
just picked up a 1958 sears alstate puch ms 50 two speed shift on the handlebars for cheap had to shovel out shed to get cool bike fan on engine cools engine 1980 last time on the road going to try to get it running when I get it shipped in let you know what happens will post a picture later brian

Any pics? I like old school mopeds, they'd last forever if you took care of them.

who is brian?

major lack of pauses in that sentence...

stop, hit enter, and think a little between words! even read back over what you wrote!

you shovelled out the shed to get a cool fan from 1980 on the handlebars???? seriously, WTF?

:giggle:

Brian is the OP, it's a two speed with a shift lever of some sort on the handlebars, he had to shovel out a shed to get it, the engine has a fan to assist in cooling it, and it hasn't been on the road since 1980. Sheesh, I'm usually the one who complains about jumbled sentences, and even I could figure out what he was saying without getting a headache. It ain't brain science.

I would love to see some pics this project. The 50's mopeds are a lot cooler than the 70's ones, in my view. Moped Army is a great site for information, but it's useful to have a thick skin, and read a lot before asking questions. I still see the old Puchs on the street here in Holland at least once a week. I gotta ask, if you dug it out of the snow, why are you having it shipped?

This is THE place for parts: https://www.treatland.tv/new-puch-peugeot-motobecane-vespa-moped-parts-s/88.htm

Last edited:
Brian is the OP, it's a two speed with a shift lever of some sort on the handlebars, he had to shovel out a shed to get it, the engine has a fan to assist in cooling it, and it hasn't been on the road since 1980. Sheesh, I'm usually the one who complains about jumbled sentences, and even I could figure out what he was saying without getting a headache. It ain't brain science.

:giggle: chinglish is in fluent this man be! :giggle: worry not be yourself read sentence well perfectly did i do! is posting previous proof read not acceptable, argument sustain!

(i stand by my argument, that whilst i knew exactly what he was saying, proof reading BEFORE posting, and use of punctuation is always a nice thing to do)

and the way i read it...(read as in reed or read as in red?) he was saying he got it cheap, but had to clear out his own shed to get to a fan he had in storage in case he came across a suitable bike and engine?

iunno. all this guess work makes me thirsty.

lets say he WILL be RECEIVING a puch with a two speed, handlebar mounted, manual shift box, and somewhere along the line it should be fitted with a small cooling fan, it hasnt been started since 1980, and if he gets it going, brian shall take then post pics which saves me the effort of finding that "useless without pics" icon :)

If I want to read perfect grammar, spelling and diction, I'll log into a literary site or download a transcript from Frazier episode. I'd rather read posts from motor heads, even if I have to do a little interpreting.

Attachments

• puch58vs5z.jpg
    puch58vs5z.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Back