1999 Whizzer Turn Signals

sfalon

Local time
12:57 PM
I have a 1999 Whizzer with 30 miles on it. Everything works except the turn signals. The bulbs are all good and it would seem that if the problem is the flasher that, at least the bulbs would light. Anybody got any ideas where I can start looking?

Steve

2003 Whizzer

Howdy, I just got some turn signals from Whizzer.com and installed them, but they are not working. I believe I did all the wiring properly. I also tried it with t the flasher connector plugged-in and unplugged. Can you give me some help?

Howdy, I just got some turn signals from Whizzer.com and installed them, but they are not working. I believe I did all the wiring properly. I also tried it with t the flasher connector plugged-in and unplugged. Can you give me some help?

I have the Whizzer WC-1 / NE5 wiring diagram on a .pdf file. If you send me your e-mail I'll send it to you. It might be of help.

I have the wiring diagram and it's not helping. I tried taking the left hand control apart and my horns not working now too. I think I'm gonna have to hang up my tool kit and take it to a mechanic.

Last edited:
here are some pictures showing the wires.

Attachments

• 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 788
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 836
I see a couple of interesting things in the photos. On the one showing the flasher unit, I see you have two flashers. One is the square unit the plug is attached to, and the other is the round silver colored one held in above by the strap. Have you tested that one to see if it works?
The second photo shows one of the black ground wires plugged into a plug alongside the blue positive wire. Looking at my wiring diagram, that should not be, and is most likely grounding out the entire turn signal circuit.

I never knew that other unit was a flasher. I'll have to check that out, it could very well be the source of my problem, Thanks.

As to that second pictures it's just bad colour in the image it's a dark-blue wire leading to the right-light. The black grounds are properly connected to the black wire.

My sliding contacts within the switch were bad when I got my bike with 22 miles. I disassembled the switch per direction from Quenton, and they worked for another month. I disassembled again, cleaned the contacts and they worked for another two months. Today, again, they do not work.

The design of the contact assembly is poor and very suceptable to the slightest bit of corrosion on the copper contacts.

I'm removing my turn signals next.

Back