1st build 4 stroke finally done

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by mmachine, Oct 1, 2009.

1. mmachine

mmachine Member

Attached Files:

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I like it! Love that tank. Are you running the 56 on the rear? Looks like it. From what I hear, that gearbox- or rather, box reduction likes a larger sprocket.

Good work!

3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Is there anything special about this hub adaptor?(other than an unrealistic waiting period)
    All the rest of your bike looks good;color is different from norm & i'm interested to see if that belt drive Hoot holds-up.

4. mmachine

mmachine Member

Yes 56t sprocket, may try a 50t

On the hub adaptor it's the only thing that will fit. The Schwinn cruiser is a
    '61 with 3 speed hub that's oversized compared to everything else. The
    vendor said he could do it when he could "fit it in" well two + months you'd
    think would be long enough. He's got my $. Don't want to withdraw order
    as nothing else will work. Spoke flange size prohibits a rag mount.

Still running the original melted/burned belt from the nylon roller test with
    no problems. After putting in the bronze bushing the belt shows no further
    wear even though it still looks like ****. I always travel with an extra belt.
    I'll run it till it breaks just out of curiousity.

5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

2 months doesn't sound like he's trying very hard to "fit it in".....sounds like he's got your money & now can't be bothered.
    Your in an aquard situation where the only viable option is to wait.I'de politely explain to the vendor(i'm assuming it's Manic Mechanic) that this is the last thing holding-up your project & your now becoming desperate.

6. t0lly

t0lly Member

Looks good. I like it.

7. mmachine

mmachine Member

Fetor, your suggestion has already been done and still waiting.