1st build almost done except for a couple problems

I sent an email off to Zbox and hopefully things take a turn for the better soon

Sent: Fri May 2 16:57
To:

info@zbox.com.au

Priority: Normal
Subject:

Replacement parts for my engine

Type: HTML Msg
Alert:

The users email-address has been added to the addressbook

Gday mate, ***here, we spoke on the phone about my bike and how it is kinda seized or the clutch is faulty. Well i found out after turning the piston and the whole engine over manually and feeding the chain through that the sprocket or the chain is also faulty, i don't think it's the chain though.

You see when feeding the chain over it wont 'sink' into the sprocket on the motor as the gap between the teeth is too small. Mate, to be honest after spending all day yesturday and about 6 hours troubleshooting on it today i believe i have a lemon motor :/

I Have gotten the motor to turn ( manually using the small cog connected to the piston ) but the engine itself is really stiff, i'm unsure if there's any oil within the motor's bearings or something

Something critical is definatily amiss with it mate and i'm definately have 2nd and even third thoughts about the whole thing.

Is there any chance of getting just a replacement motor that i can strap into my bike and send you the one that i have back ?

Cheers

(edited out personal details )

yah Will start sent me a PM and rang me today, he was quite helpfull :D

i'll see if we can meet up some night during the week ( he's not avail on weekends, shame as i have the next 2 days off lol )

ok this is annoying, i am contemplating smashing this thing to bits those 3 screws just wont undo.

I have tried the hammer tap + screws.
different screwdrivers, philips and flatheads
tried with the ratchet + screwdriver bits
tried with a drill + screwdriver bit and still no luck

this is hopeless

hi impression,

I have been through exactly what you're going through,
about 6 times over in different aspects.

here's what I do when I feel like pulling out the sledge hammer:

I take some timeout to think it through.
come back with a with a fresh head a fews hours or days later.
(Depending on how bad the mood is.)

So did you get the clutch working finally ?

Those carpest screws on the sprocket cover are so foul.
They should list a warning on the cover plate saying.

WARNING:
Use of screw drivers on these screws will result in threading,
IMPACT DRIVERS ONLY.

On my first night doing this, my friend the mechanic threaded the screws, we got the clutch working and the chain then got caught on install. I got an impact driver and could then remove the screws. It was my first 2 week wait.

But, this post is about you. PM me when your around and I'll give you a call.

alrighty, i got 2 of the 3 bolts out but the third was too far gone. So i rode my bike 10k's each way to Bunnings and Supercheap Auto and got some suppies

i got

replacement bolts
easy undo tappers top get that last bolt out
small and strong drill bits to predrill the hole for the easy undo.
Metal File

oh i am so broke now :/

yah going to have some dinner and get onto it a bit later on this evening

Ok, got it all off and noe filing down the sprocket teeth. taking some time as i have to do it with a very small file and while the sprocket is still on the engine as i do not have the special tool to take it off.

It's getting there slowly and i'm going to call it a night.

Ok guys, may people were skeptical about this project and some were skeptics about the kit.

Well last night on ocau was talking and Bradrogers was interested in my bike, I remembered he lived not far from me as we both went on the OCAUcar cruise last year. I asked if he had a dremel/angle grinder and he said he had them. So here's the results.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhRuw7uyBo
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Af9te8_9yFc

and this morning.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tORH0Qno7Do

and She's working
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WllshRfymqE

Now, I took it out for a spin to the local westfields where i picked up 2 more bike locks and went from there to a mates house to show it off as he was doubtfull it's even work.

I was getting about 40km/hour when i gave it a squirt on the straight and flat parts of the trip but kept it in nice and relaxed cruise mode @25k's most of the way so to 'run in' the engine for the first 500 or so km's.

I have not connected the Kill switch as after reading a bit it kills the magneto by shorting it every time you use the kill switch. So tomorrow i wire in my own ignition on/off switch.

The Kit so far has been worth it, and i'm sure most people wouldn't have the trouble that i have had in getting it together, its a tight fit on my bike which made installation tricky but in the end i got there.

I shall make a step by step video/picture series on how to put one of these kits together this weekend as the pics and instructions on the the Zbox.com.au aren't of great detail and quality.

I could not have completed this kit without the help of Will_Start of http://www.motoredbikes.com/index.php forums, another Sydney goer who has had problems with his bike and was willing to offer advice and tips when i needed. Also Bradrogers of www.overclockers.com.au and http://forums.overclockers.com.au/index.php for pretty much dropping everything and helped me with his dremel and other random tools to get the sprocket all sweetly lined and cut.

The kit i would say is worth it, Each kit comes with all you need to get up and running, you might need a couple extras depending on your bike frame mounting.

Tips:
A must is to replace all those cheap screws/bolts with high grade steel ones from your local bunnings store.

Don't use the included "kill switch" it will kill your bike, hence kill switch instead wire a toggle switch of your choosing between the dynamo in the engine and the magneto in the small ignition box.

get yourself some loc tight to use on all the screws/bolts as they will ratle and come loose over time. Nail polish works well, but use a cheap $2 one, not your GF's good stuff :S

Zip Ties, you will need about 50 of them, trust me you will. ( good quality ones)

Inline Fuel Filter, get one of these to save trouble later on down the track.

On trips take basic tools with you to tighted anything that may come lose.

get yourself a 10 litre steel jerry can in which you can mix your fuel in.

Use only penrite good quality oil to avoid smelling badly after your ride.

get yourself lights and a highly visable jacket if riding in early morning or duck/night. as these bikes are pretty much motorbikes now and can kill you as most bikes aren't designed for these speeds. I Build mine on a strong framed mountain bike as footpaths aren't always flat/smooth and i'll also do a bit of offroading with it

remember, Act civil and obey the road rules, be curtious and respectful to other motorists and most will treat you nicely in return. Always assume they didn't see you!!!!

Happy Riding peoples

Hi guys,
I'm having the same issue as you did in the night videos...not quite sure how to get the chain on, or remove links for that matter.

Can you please tell me (like I'm a little kid) how to do it?

Thanks,
Mark

Back