1st build, need help, lots

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a,",catalog" bike builder, in fact I encourage it, the simple fact is that anyone who can throw that much money at their first build will just get bored with it or give up the first time something doesn't go their way and will just end up giving it away with out a care because a new hobby is just a reach to the wallet away.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a,",catalog" bike builder, in fact I encourage it, the simple fact is that anyone who can throw that much money at their first build will just get bored with it or give up the first time something doesn't go their way and will just end up giving it away with out a care because a new hobby is just a reach to the wallet away.
Step 1. Buy tools
Step 2. Learn how to use tools properly
Step 3. Create custom motorized bicycle.

Opposed to

Step 1. Obtain credit cards
Step 2. Ask everyone on forum what they would buy with unlimited funds
Step 3. Find someone to assemble for you.

Why pay for something new when you can make it for the same price but be better? Your never going to get any bolt on accessories to make as much power as porting and polishing which only cost the price of sandpaper;)

When your selling something like this you have to make a reliable product WHILE keeping build price low
Your not going to be able to do anything to a TRUE bicycle to make it safe at anything above 30mph, that's when you have to be able to drive.... Anyone can own a race car but only a select few can actually DRIVE a race car

Why pay for something new when you can make it for the same price but be better? Your never going to get any bolt on accessories to make as much power as porting and polishing which only cost the price of sandpaper;)

When your selling something like this you have to make a reliable product WHILE keeping build price low
Your not going to be able to do anything to a TRUE bicycle to make it safe at anything above 30mph, that's when you have to be able to drive.... Anyone can own a race car but only a select few can actually DRIVE a race car
Spoken like a true motorized bicycle builder, if you don't think so watch some Fred chlaminskys YouTube videos, please excuse the spelling if I screwed it up, I'm sure most know who I'm referring to.

His cranbrook bike (89$ walmart bike FYI) is fast as heck:)
Crazy mods done to his bike that he done all his self, bought very little.... He has made a lot of money off his High Compression heads
And his built to suit fully balenced racing engines
Not bad pricing for a one man operation

His cranbrook bike (89$ walmart bike FYI) is fast as heck:)
Crazy mods done to his bike that he done all his self, bought very little.... He has made a lot of money off his High Compression heads
And his built to suit fully balenced racing engines
Not bad pricing for a one man operation
When I grow up I want to be just like Fred.

Back