1st Official MBC/Aussie Run: Adelaide to McLaren Vale Day-Trip.

Wish I was coming. But hopefully the next one. Besides only having clocked up around 200km on my bike, the chain tensioner is broken. I went to SA Dirt Bikes today and have ordered the same sort of tensioner you have got on your bike Fetor56. I actually did what Large Filipino did with his chain tensioner but did not find this too safe; I found the chain can come off the jockey wheel a bit too easily for my liking (Large Filipino must have his chain, sprockets etc set up perfectly to have confidence with his setup).

Sorry I digress. Enjoy the day guys and I hope to see you all, compare bikes, exchange ideas etc at another meet sometime in the future. Actually I would have come on my normal pushbike if I was feeling well. Adelaide to McLaren Vale is a nice ride. Unfortunately I've had a cold for the past 24 hours and am still feeling sick.

Seeya

MVC-085F.JPG
3:30 here, and we're off and running...

you folks have a great time, stay safe, and post lots of pics!! :cool:

Well; the ride went well.

My bike had a few issues, but nothing to hold things up. Learnt heaps of tips and talk was all about the bikes. It was a big test for my bike's new chain tensioner as explained by Large Filipino-Legend...., I forgot I even had a chain tensioner. I'll comment on a few technicalities on the appropiate thread as positive feedback though.

On the way back I ran out of fuel 5 miles from home and peddled. That's OK, that's what makes these bikes unique.

I was stuffed when I got home and went to work on my other bike project to cool down a bit.
That bike now is nearly ready to go and I'll post on that thread the update sometime later. It started BTW and then it stopped and would not start again. ( got spark/fuel is ok ) It was 1.00 am, so I thought I had better put the bike away till the neighbors are at work tomorrow, then I can work on it again and make as much NOISE as I so freely choose.

So yeah, the run was a special day for me to have been part of history in these times of the world's energy options and to have been part of a new Chapter, with foto's, so one day my great great grandkids will say, "That's him, he was there" !

All the best

Last edited:
Downunder Rally

First impressions.....i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people that turned-out for this rally.These motored bikes hombres take their riding seriously.Only one person had to cancel because his bike had last minute sprocket problems.
The weather was close to perfect...cool and cloudy.There was a strong breeze on the way there that we could have done without,but it was redeemed by the return journey.HT's love tail-winds,but the motored mid range torque did an admiralble job of dealing with adverse conditions............quite the little torque monster!
We had lunch at Christies Beach and coffee at McLaren Vale,both enjoyable as was the comradery.Speaking of comradery there were a few minor technical problems but nothing members in the group couldn't easily overcome.Makes u trust these bikes even more when it comes to doing running-repairs on a longer journey,or even cross country run.
Judging by the look of bewilderment on peoples faces it was an unusual and somewhat unnerving experience to have half a dozen motored bikes power past on their way to an unknown destination.My advice to them is get use to it....please join the club. :D
Opposite Adelaide Zoo 1.JPG
Opposite Adelaide Zoo 2.JPG
Christies Beach 1.JPG
Christies Beach 2.JPG

McLaren Vale.JPG

Sounded like a great day it was for all of you, comradery at it finest.
Hats of to all of you.
What a great way to help spread the word about MBc and MBs.

Back