1st Ride To Work Today

"Why not try a bar end mirror? It mounts at the butt end of the grip. http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_...roducts_id/852"

I would like to and thanks for the suggestion KilroyCD. Problem is with the ape hanger bars I've got, the ends point back instead of out. There is not enough mirror adjustment to compensate. I just tried a helmet mount...hated it. Back it goes. May try a conventional mirror mounted on the upright portion of the bar and try to angle it appropriately. I'll just take the bike into the bike shop this time and let them see what will work. That should be interesting! Although I've done business with this shop for a few years and they've always been super with me.

"NUTTSY! Yoy need to be careful gas will eat through alot of plastics and if you have a frame mount it can cause a fire if it leaks onto something hot, at a minimum you might ruin your paint job."
Thanks for the heads up Darwin. I checked the bottle and it's the same as my gas cans. HDPE #2. Will definately keep a close eye on it though. Jeez, I love the way folks look out for each other here! Very comforting and reassuring.
WC

Oh, and Nuttsy make sure that your fuel and water bottles are labled, or different colored or something.
Bikes run good on gas, you don't.

For safety, you can get yourself an MSR fuel bottle - they come in different sizes and are MADE to carry fuels. I bought 2 (22oz) off of Ebay for about $12 each including shipping and they should be here soon...maybe even today if I'm lucky!

Hope this helps,

Warner

Clearwater is a nice area to ride ! Mirrors= http://www.3rd-eye.com/
DON'T use a water bottle for gas storage. Get a fuel bottle as recommended in other posts. Don't look toward the beach at pretty women , while riding !!

I'm going to take my leap this friday!!! 22 miles each way whittier to Downtown Los Angeles....I'm kind of scared to be honest but $100. a month parking permit and $65. to fill my car up a week leads me toward this...any tips????

I'm going to take my leap this friday!!! 22 miles each way whittier to Downtown Los Angeles....I'm kind of scared to be honest but $100. a month parking permit and $65. to fill my car up a week leads me toward this...any tips????

I hear you! I'm thinking tomorrow will be my first commute...about 20 miles each way in suburban Chicago area traffic. I'm a little scared, too....of traffic AND "the man", but I've got the **** thing built now....better at least TRY it, right? Good luck, and wish me the same!

Warner

Good luck!!! Let us know how it went...
Luv Chicago BTW!

Well, it isn't going to happen tomorrow....they just changed the weather forecast and it looks like thunderstorms are going to happen right when I'd be leaving work for home.....

Warner

Back