Clutch 2 Cycle Grubee Clutch adjustment -Clutch takes Big Time Pressure To Activate

Duffmeister

Local time
5:14 PM
I have a Grubee GT5 Engine that I am having clutch activation problems. Before I took it apart the clutch level on the engine just moved 90 degrees with no preesure and no clutch plate activation.

Took Clutch are side apart and found the ball bearing, 1 inch x 1/4 Pin and actuator. I realigned the flat spot of the lever and reassembled the cover.

The clutch works but the pressure is so high that you can actuate it with a helthy push of your hand ( like 20-30 Lbs). The cable actuator doesn't really have the power to pull the clutch lever and disengage .

Is their some adjustment that I can make to reduce this pressure?

Also everything seems to be very dry in terms of lubrication - obviously I dont want grease getting to the clutch pad.

Anybody else have this problem ?

The binding post that the clutch cable secures to can be off center, resulting in a steep angle, from cable to clutch arm .
The straighter the cable path, the easier it is to pull the clutch lever

did you put the unnecessary small spring over the cable end between standoff mount & clutch arm hole?

The clutch arm is splined, remove it from the case, remove the nut, then support it in a vice or wood blocks. Tap the threaded end with a brass hammer and it will fall out. If need be, mark the position beforehand, I usually move it 2 splines to line it up with the cable guide in the case. Make sure the clutch arm isn't hitting the carb float bowl. Reassemble, and you will be amazed how much easier the clutch works.

Back