2 speed auto

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by bhaydonsuperpocket, Jun 17, 2012.

1. bhaydonsuperpocket

bhaydonsuperpocket New Member

any 1 tryied this set up freewheel primary drives and secondry drive with ajustable clutch going to try out 1st times later on to day will let u no how it goes !brought a lathe and was board thourt ide try it instead ove out layn cash on my bike as havent spent much at all on it like to make myself and heres a pic ove my new dash on bike that nearly as much as the whole bike cost to build but what a tool lambar sen+rpm=speed=temp and more ill post up pic later site wont work at moment try later ok:cool2:

2. loquin

loquin Active Member

it's really better if you upload the picture to this site; that way, we don't depend on some other site being available for us to display the image.

3. bhaydonsuperpocket

2 speed cvt with pics

1st gear or primary drive has freewheel mounted to sharft that runs off clutch bell . then on same sharft a secondry sprocket that is welded to sharft .them on out put sharft. primary rear sprocket has another freewheel and on the same sharft a pocket bike centrifical ajustable clutcth welded to it .with a pocket bike clutch bell with rear sprocket mounted to it and it free spins on sharft . so when takeing off 1st set ove spockets work then at the rpm u want with second sprocket ajustable clutch engages and 1st freespins while u r useing second gear anyway thats how ive done it and use can check it out or even try yourself happy buliding :cool:

Attached Files:

4. james65

james65 Member

That two speed setup remonds me of some of the minibikes sold years ago. They were slightly different in this respect: the engine had a c-clutch with two identical sprockets . One chain ran to a large freewheel sprocket. The second chain ran to a c-clutch mounted to the same shaft. Once the primary sprocket rotated th secondary shaft fast enough the clutch would grab and the primary would freewheel.

A two speed setup like this or yours is reall ideal for a motorized bicycle. What engine are you running? It appears to be water cooled.

5. james65

james65 Member

Two speed setup

Here is a graphic of the g-cart setup.

TWO SPEED 004.jpg

6. curtisfox

curtisfox Member

Intresting got to watch this and see how it works...................Curt

7. bhaydonsuperpocket

haveing trouble with clutch engageing 1st gear no worries then when sapost 2 shift 2 2nd gear its like it loads up between both sets ove gears so pulled it down and clutch was slippen and heatn up clutch bell very! hot! . i think to fix it the pocket bike clutch has to go and source out a cluth from something else . was thinkn small dirt bike clutch barsket and hold lever in 4 1st gear and release 4 2nd gear . that way it will not slip and engage with tention and have a little give with cluth plates ? if any 1 has thorts or ideas jump in and let me know or a clutch thats cheap and would be able to mod to mount and work thank u . was thinkn ove getn a evo 2 scooter transmission and goen that way .but dont know how it would hold up with 46cc pollini motor input please