Chains 2 stroke chain popping off

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoIt AllPauls

Local time
6:30 AM
I have a 2 stroke kit the chain keeps popping off .
The engine sprocket , spoke sprocket and back tire are all aligned and are true.
The engine is not moving
I have adjusted the tensioner, tighten the chain where it is not to tight or to loose.
I can ride it sometimes for days with out it popping off then other times it might pop off 2 -3 times a ride what could be wrong?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What about the option of simply moving up to a better drive system like the SickBikeParts shift kit, and be done with chain misalignment issues; commonly noted with a single speed system.

first, be sure the chain is at its tightest spot in its rotation before adjusting it, then roll it a bit to see how loose it gets at loosest spot - you may have to straighten out the rear sprocket a bit if it gets too loose

also, I like to grind the top edges of the sprocket teeth to a sharp point so they will more easily find the center part of the link

I had one that was doing the same thing and come to find out it was the chain itself,
your engine is a 5+ year old used engine with the original chain, and a new sprocket.
I told ya last time it happened it almost has to be the chain count the links and order a new 415 chain. just spend the $20.00

everyone should know Paul is beyond cheap, I thought I was a cheapskate and a tightwad, Paul's is even a bigger cheapskate and tightwad then me and that's realybsaying something.

Well, the 410 is the same size as regular chain on bike. D, if chain is tight, and true...............then make sure every link is turning ok, and lubed! If the rear sprocket teeth are turned a bit either way when entering chain, it will jump off. Make sure sprocket teeth are mating straight on sprocket. Even if it looks straight, the rear wheel can have the sprocket turned just enough to throw off!!

geebt48cc, all have been checked and rechecked ,
what I thank it is the chain is old and bends real easy and need to be replaced.
when he got it it has a lot of rust on the chain 90% coverage , Paul thought it was the sprocket so I gave him a new one, that did not fix it .
I thank he has a 415 ordered.

Mmmm, Ok, I see. Sam, from what I understand, the 415 should help. The larger size, gives a bit more room in travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back