2 stroke chinese spark plug+wires

solitus3989

Local time
1:51 AM
on my to do list:
1. get a "ngk-b6hs" spark plug (according to the Pre-build checklist i found here)
2. get... some sort of new boot and spark plug wire. need help here i don't know what kind of wire to buy, i only need enough length for one bike. also i don't know what kind of boot to buy.

when we tried to get the stock kit boot on the stock spark plug for the ebay 80(70)cc chinese kit, half of the clip in the inside of the boot broke, and we removed the 'nipple' on top of the chinese plug and kind of shoved it on there. by replacing those 2, im sure it will fire better.

I went to autozone, and asked for a 7mm copper core wire with a boot attached, and it was a little over 8$

You would want a boot that's made of rubber, or a soft plastic, pretty much anything but what your kit came with will be an improvement.

on my to do list:
1. get a "ngk-b6hs" spark plug (according to the Pre-build checklist i found here)
2. get... some sort of new boot and spark plug wire. need help here i don't know what kind of wire to buy, i only need enough length for one bike. also i don't know what kind of boot to buy.

when we tried to get the stock kit boot on the stock spark plug for the ebay 80(70)cc chinese kit, half of the clip in the inside of the boot broke, and we removed the 'nipple' on top of the chinese plug and kind of shoved it on there. by replacing those 2, im sure it will fire better.

You can get both at www.sickbikeparts.com

Heres a pretty popular thread all about it: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=3981&highlight=performance+accident.

The stock wire is made from carbon which I'm sure has high resistance in it, taking a lot of the power away from the spark. Apparently the carbon core is used so it doesnt interfere with TV signals. My mate told me that apparently when mopeds go past his house the TV signal goes funny. I'm going to upgrade as soon as I find some copper core wire for the right price.

Fastboy

How about the length vs resistance ?, I'm trying to tuck the CDI out of the way of any water. Can I get away with 1' or 1 1/2'

How about the length vs resistance ?, I'm trying to tuck the CDI out of the way of any water. Can I get away with 1' or 1 1/2'

I've seen a few posts about resistance, or worry about a resistor plug wire. This is simply not a concern, and in fact a well made wire will allow bike speedometers to work (or work better). The small amount of resistance in a Hi Perf "resistor" wire doesn't impede the flow of high voltage discharge to your spark plug.

What is not generally understood (or is ignored) is that as a result of the laws of electricity, the potential 45,000 plus volts (with alternating current characteristics) from the ignition coil (a pulse type transformer) does not flow through the entire the length of fine wire used for a spiral conductor like the 1 volt DC voltage from a test ohmmeter, but flows in a magnetic field surrounding the outermost surface of the spiral windings (skin effect). The same skin effect applies equally to the same pulsating flow of current passing through carbon and solid metal conductors.

The problem with the Chinese supplied wire is that is made so terribly it will degrade spark and may not last very long.

Last edited:
Back