2 stroke CNS carb?

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by auralfixation87, Jun 24, 2015.

1. auralfixation87

auralfixation87 New Member

Hello, all!
    i just received my new CNS carb from Amazon today. It is drastically different than the crappy NT carb I got stock with my 50cc kit.
    Because of this, I am having second thoughts on whether o bought the right one or not. I would love some advice/input. Considering this has a spring loaded pin for a choke and I have no choke cable... I don't know what I should do. Try it out? Return and get a different one? What do you all recommend for a performance carb for a 50cc 2 stroke motor? If I did this right, I attached a photo for your reference. Any input helps. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Throw the CNS carb in the garbage.....you s
  3. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

I suggest you return it.
    That is too much carb for your 48cc 2-stroke and you need the choke cable.
    They did work nice on 66cc if you could get them to seal up however.

If you decide to keep it I have spare choke levers.
  4. auralfixation87

Thanks for the tip! Any carbs that you suggest for my motor? I am mostly tired of all the leaking. I also want more power and top speed. Just enough to keep up with traffic, you know?
  5. auralfixation87

This is useful. Thanks!
  6. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

You need to buy a motorcycle
  7. Gene

Gene Member

The Troll of the Forum spreading his help and assistance whenever he can
  8. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

What was wrong with the stock NT carb? They almost always outlive the engine they are attached to.

I have a CNS carb from 2007 in my toolbox and found it to be very tunable when I used it back then. Unfortunately the same can't be said about the newer CNS!
  9. Leroybrown420

Leroybrown420 Member

Mine ran great. You need a choke cable tho.
    IMG_1690.jpg IMG_1691.jpg IMG_1692.jpg
  10. Leroybrown420

Leroybrown420 Member

I like the speed carb the best. My SHA works good too. IMG_1750.jpg IMG_1759.jpg IMG_1746.jpg
  11. auralfixation87

Well, mainly, I want to upgrade my carb because my NT leaks from every seam. Also, I want to improve performance overall. Replacing the carb was the first thing I thought of to do that.
  12. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

Sounds like you got a Monday or Friday-built carb lol

I've never seen an NT leak, myself. It doesn't surprise me tho. Build quality is all over the place on the 2-stroke kits.
  13. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

I had to get rid of my NT carb because the thing was just too leaky. The float bowl valve got to the point where it would not seal and the fuel level would overflow to the point to where it would flood the engine out.

I got a RT carb from Dax, with better results. It's running rich at high throttle, with some 4 stroking. With a little bit of runout and draw of fuel from the floatbowl, the engine will begin to run well at 5K rpm. The RT is more consistant than the NT and my leaking problem has been resolved.
  14. skyash

skyash Active Member

my stock nt carby float hits up to hard and bends in side then leeks the speed carby starting to cut out the deileto look a like carby cuts out but runs fast then cuts out . now just got and tuning cns carby and it takes off better all ready but mid top range cuting in and out so i turn the fuel more and all good but like dirty note at hi speed so i have opened the spark plug gap and it is fixed i have a 20 inc wheel and 36tooth sprocket and can ring it out till i am scared maybe doing 60kmh still not happy yet will change plug tomorrow think ngk b6hs i do have a ngk br6hix but need to try it if all good will put on 28 tooth sprocket .and go from there