2-stroke first build

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by CAT341, Oct 23, 2011.

1. CAT341

CAT341 New Member

Interested in using a 2-stroke engine on this Worksman frame any suggestions?
    *Since this is my first build I would prefer a kit.
    *Speed is not a major importance.
    *Would have to work with the rear drum and existing hand lever (wondering if two hand levers would work or are there other types of clutches available?)
    *I've seen some kits on ebay any other sources?

Thanks
    Jerry

2. CAT341

CAT341 New Member

Photos of frame.

Attached Files:

3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

I've had good service from my HT's. The only problem I had on the first one (of 5) was a blown head gasket. Since then I make some inexpensive modifications BEFORE I even think about installing the engines. You will need a custom made front mount. Nice bike. And I have a double brake lever...just love the single lever. I have a cruiser, and replaced the coaster brake with pads.

I have a link in Dropbox, which I'm in the process of transferring it to Google Docs, so it won't have to be downloaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pcaaeiakcaabw

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. CAT341

CAT341 New Member

Thanks for the info. Pretty informative step by step on the engine work.

5. jamz1378

jamz1378 New Member

sweet bike i got my hands on a duel break leaver works great and gose on the right hand side so it leaves the left for the clutch

Break_Lever_Dual_4c7865403f91c.jpg

6. CAT341

CAT341 New Member

Wow!...that looks like a great idea thanks for the idea.

7. oldnube

oldnube Member

empty link

AL I would like to see your info but the link took me to a sharing site but no info

8. CAT341

CAT341 New Member

An update:
    Refurbished a vintage long spring seat to use for this build to include a hand stitched leather saddle (it's amazing what you can lean from these forums).

2 stroke engine installed and started on the second try ( needs a little adjustment...I'll have to figure out how to adjust the carb.

Took it for a short ride and was very happy with it. A little too cold and wet up here in the North East (NY)

Attached Files: